1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Handsfree Switch

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by MultiMan, Sep 23, 2018.

1. I had the Handsfree unit changed as a faulty part not more than two years ago. A few days ago the same thing happened and it’s probaply the same problem. The F@£&@&:? hands free unit.
    Did anyone had the same problem? How about warranty? Would it cover it? It wasn’t more than two years ago.

2. Which part are you talking about exactly?
    Do you mean the Keyless system?

3. Yes. The immobiliser. The one that has the steering lock mechanism

4. Have you tried replacing the battery in the fob unit?

5. Have you a keyless fuel cap also?

6. Yes and yes

7. so what exactly does not work?
    when your transponder/key is near the bike the ignition won't work? Yes?
    Sounds like it needs a dealer to re-set the ecu with the key.

8. Maybe, yes. I’ll talk to the dealer tomorrow

9. It’s not the key. It doesn’t even start with the button and code. It probaply needs replacement again.

10. If it’s the key fob it will start with the code. If not then it’s the locking mechanism. Mine was throwing an “ unlock error” light in the dash. Bike would power up but the start button did not work

11. Some Ducati replacement parts fitted by an authorised dealer come with a 2 year warranty. If it is less than 2 years since it was changed, it could still be covered under warranty but you need to ask your dealer. Andy

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. My locking solenoid clicks as though it's trying to unlock the already unlocked steering lock. Bike powers up with the key in range, but won't start due to unlock error. After a van brought me home, I tried it without the key, just using the pin code, and I did get it to start. Tried again with the key, powered up but wouldn't start. Tried again with pin code, powered up and started. Could it just be the key fob?

13. Sounds like it. Put a new battery in.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Been fiddling, trying with and without key for a couple of hours. It'll start with pin, just not key. Will pick up a battery tomorrow, hopefully it'll sort it. Steering won't lock now though, just says red switch not released when I press it to lock it. Main thing is I don't have to cycle to work tomorrow :)

15. Same noise mine makes when I use the key/right hand switch. But I used the pin today and left the key at home, starts up fine, no clicking. I can then turn it off with the rhs, but can't lock it

16. Mine's just started doing this as well, was fine yesterday.

17. I left the key at home, used the pin for a couple of days. Changed battery in the key yesterday and the lock started behaving as it should. Weird...

18. Got mine working again, left battery out for 20mins and suddenly it's working again.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Italians dealing with electronics is like British trying to cook.
    :D

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information