1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Paddy's Day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by DrDuke, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Happy Paddy's Day...to all where ever you are enjoy the day, I know it's turning into a near global celebration.
    for me it's down to the local parade, into the pub to watch Ireland v England in the six nations, and then off for
    a curry, and then back to the pub for more pints....or maybe I'll just stay in the pub.

Eoin.:biggrin::biggrin:

2. Thanks m8, and the same to you.

That sounds like a great plan for the day, and I hope both sides make an entertaining game of it.

May the luck of the Irish be with you....but I would like the ones in White to win....;-)

Anth

3. Anth...Whatever the outcome...I will be sure to have a good day...

4. I'll take a pint of Guinness to that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1331994465.814883.jpg

5. Just watched England hammer the Irish :biggrin: with me dad,why my Irish mum has a drink......................now popping out for a few drinkies as I'm 40 today

spent the morning out on bike,lunch the rugby now LAGER >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:upyeah:

Happy St Patricks day:biggrin:

6. I think it would have been a high scoring draw if points were awarded for mistakes.

Both side's were poor i.m.o.

Anth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Anth, I agree it was a very scrappy game....never the less well done, you came back very strong in the second half,
    and won very well, as Squeezey says we got hammered.

Eoin

8. How come we all get excited about St Patrick's day and do nothing about St George's day? Should we not be a little more proud of who we are?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fair Point Katie...it's funny really, I would consider the English to be a more patrioc bunch than the Irish,
    when I was a young lad Paddy's Day was just that, a Day, yes we had the parade, but then it was all over, now
    its turned into a 4 day festival, which is great, and its generates a great bit of cash for the country.

The Yanks have 4th July, Australia & Canada have their days which they celebrate very well...and you the all conquering
    nation...do nothing...your need to revolt....stand up and be counted I say...but do it in a nice way, so everybody looking in, wants
    to be apart of it.

Eoin

10. I think that standing up to be counted might be a little to radical for the English, perhaps we sould just keep sitting down and put our hands in the air like at school?

11. You could try that...........but I don't think it will work, do a good job at the Olympics, be humble, and you have a great launch pad.

12. Lager??
    LAGER???

You're a grown up. surely you should have gone beyond Alco-Pops by now :tongue:

13. Absolutely!!!!!!!

14. I think the Irish, Scots and Welsh can celebrate their nationalism without looking and sounding like they are racist, fascist, imperial overlords. As soon as the English show any sign of patriotism they get branded as racist scum. The only place you see patriotism in England now are places like Wootton Bassett, but someone has to die first.

15. Yup....so sad and so true :-(

16. Very true...
    Nothing against Irish or Scotish as parents are but yes if I put out a Union Jack or St Georges cross flag I bet I'd get something through my window !

It's crazy ..
    When I am in Sweden and Finland the countries flag often flys outside houses on a flag pole.

Although with Euro 2012 this summer I am sure the flags will fly until we get knocked out in the second round knowing us!!!

17. He11cat I love your optimism, the second round, I would be amazed if we get that far. Although saying that IF Harry Redknapp did end up as the manager after about a year we might have a team that was worth something. You just have to look how well Portsmouth did whilst he was there, they are now struggling to stay in the Championship. Tottenham were not exactly doing well and look at them now. As a south coast resident (and therefore a vague follower of my local team Pompey) I do not respect the bloke, I think he will go wherever the glory and money are, but he is a good manager.

18. I enjoy footie .. Yes can understand no love lost :)
    I don't mind Harry ... He's the best man for the Job..
    But it's a nasty job basically if we don't win who ever is manager gets ripped apart!
    Like the days of "turnip taylor" ..

We have not got as much young talant coming up now ..
    Palaces Zaha is promising and oxlade Chamberlain are good youngsters.

Hate Rooney .. And the Glory hunting team he plays for !
    That's my football rant!
    I follow Palace my home team .. And family background mainly Arsenal .

Do Not Sell My Personal Information