1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harpic

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by mick e, Mar 27, 2019.

1. I used Harpic Power Plus Max to clean my exhaust. I just used a kitchen sponge with a small amount of Harpic and gave it a good wash after to get all the Harpic off and then a quick polish. I didn't want it too shiny. I would advise wearing gloves while using it and keep the garage door open, you can get a citrus smelling one. WP_20190327_001.jpg
    WP_20190326_002[1].jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. Nice one. :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. By the way, what did you polish it with?

I like the finish, not too shiny.

4. I use that stuff to bring all the shit off the concrete flags down the side of the house - it's something you need to treat with care when handling - if it splashes into your eye you'd soon know about it :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Autoglym liquid metal polish.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Top Tip, never use harpic or any other household product if your wimmin is aware of you doing it.

Next thing you know, they will have you cleaning every orifice in your home and wearing a pinny

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Since this product contains hydrochloric acid, wearing gloves while using it is essential, as is rinsing it off thoroughly afterwards. Don't get it on your clothes or carpets.

8. I used this on some oil stains on the block-paved drive - it worked, but then started dissolving the bricks!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. It's not allowed to be sold in some other countries where regular Harpic is sold. Some enterprising types here and in India (!!) have it for sale on ebay.

10. And don’t leave it for long on aluminium and paint

11. I would advise watching 'The Workshop' video on this on YouTube, he knows his onions from what I can tell and makes some very valid points. Short terms success but for long term sacrifice as far as the preservation of the stainless element of the 'stainless steel'... And yes, don't get it anywhere near alloy or Magnesium or plastics

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. And it's only £1/bottle unless you go to sainsburys where it was down to 20p.

• Like Like x 1
  13. or pour a bottle of it into a small tray to get your fiddly bits soaked...
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information