1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harris Performance Paddock Stands

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Bondy7070, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Moaning gents
    I fired an email off to Harris for a quote on a set of stands as the V2 didn’t drop down in the option list, thought just to make sure I will and maybe they might knock a bit off.
    Was told no they don’t do stands for it but if I’m local i could bring the bike in and they could see if they could make one for them..........:expressionless:...what.
    They clearly do a rear stand for the V4 and I’m sure they’ll be a front compatible.

Is this just a simple case of matey on the other end not knowing the crack and I should just order them anyway?

D5B905FE-1BAE-451C-9C32-53D692ECB608.png

2. I would be amazed if the rear is not a straight fit, but I have not checked this. The front might be different though, but either way arent you protected if you buy online and they aren't right, send em back for a refund?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. This is it. If they've said nope it's not a guarenteed fit. Then errghhh.
    Tbh they're not far off new Ducati Performance ones money wise but f**k me, alot isn't it.

4. Is the rear axle size the same as the v4 and 1299??

5. How will they know who you are :eyes:

6. If you have your heart set on Harris they are great products.
    Alternatively you could look at FG Gubellinni who make the Ducati branded stands.
    I bought mine direct from them so it didn’t have a Ducati sticker, that saved me £80!, it comes boxed as 1098 but to date has fitted an 1198, 1199,1299 and used on a V4.
    The website is typical Italian and pants so email them.

If you recall the first leaked shots of the V4 in a factory it was on a FG Gubellinni stand :)

https://www.fggubellini.com/en/s-2/brand-ducati/model-1098_s_1198_s_1098_1198cc

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Whatever 40mm is but surely you can just change the pin.

8. Thanks mate am gonna get an email sent

9. Forgot to say, the rear pin comes with a shrowd that can be removed to allow for smaller diameters. I’ve not had to use it as to date it’s fitted all that I’ve used it on, but good to know the options there.

#9 outintheopen, Feb 1, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. The rear pin on the 1299 and V4 is 40mm. If the V2 internal diameter is the same then its gonna fit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. the harris stands are not cheap but very nice quality and take proper beating (my front stand is 15_years old and still like new desipte being thrown around the back of vans truck and stillages . .

if harris want you to ride the bike in to make a stand for you, they should be up for giving you a discount for your time (it will only help them sell more stands to know 100% their stands are compatible with the V2)

as jack says above , i dont see why the stand for the v4 would be any different if the pin size is the same.

fwiw I have been quite impressed by these JMP stands. for the for the money they are great. they sell and left and right hand version of the stand
    https://www.xlmoto.co.uk/jmp-swing-arm-left-sided-paddock-stand#?p

then you just buy the Pin size you need depending on your bike. The different sized pins fit the Ducati/FG stands too
    https://www.xlmoto.co.uk/spare-parts-adaptor-for-jmp-front-paddock-stand#?p

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Yeah I haven't even taken delivery yet bud. Was offered one of the Jan ones but I'm not getting till I'm back in April just want everything sorted by then.

Yeah that's what I was thinking.
    Thanks for the links I'll have a gander.

13. I’ve got a tear Ducati performance stand for my 1299 that I’m selling

• Like Like x 1
  14. That’s not like Harris! They’ve always bent over backwards to accommodate me! They even machined me some original stand lifters for a Bsb superbike!! I ve just received a rear stand for the v4 and it’s pure quality!

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Pm me a pick if he's in good nick mate.

16. I've got 2 Harris rear stands and they are superb but for a front stand I bought a ProBike
    FS11-D which has a support to go under the bottom yoke and also came with a selection of pins to fit various size holes below the stem if required. Excellent bit of kit and can imagine that it will fit virtually any make/model of bike.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gee Tech - if you want to go full posh.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yep - got some gee tech peg stands....beautiful...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information