1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hartside Cafe.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Markmc, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Oh hell.

Happy memories of that place, I'm sure they will rebuild.

2. Oh no. o_O I call in there a lot when out and about. :worried:

3. No more broken biscuit cake

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. :( I used to love that place when I lived up in the north east

• Like Like x 1
  5. My local tea stop! Bad news.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Oh bugger!

Best refuelling stop on the C2C bike ride, just a shame its overrun with leather clad bikers riding up in groups hogging the road, teetering through the bends and generally holding all the cyclists up. Bah! Hang 'me all!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Been up there a few times over the years, shame nice place on a Summers Day. Can be grim on a cold/ foggy day. Hope it gets a re-build.

8. I would imagine it'll get a rebuild. It's a gold mine. :upyeah:

I can see some kind of Portakabins there this year. :thinkingface:

#9 Robarano, Mar 6, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. That’s a shame. Done C2C twice and stopped both times for breaky - porridge cooked with cream and a dollop of honey on top....needed it after the climb up Hartside!

Great cafe.

10. You lived in England once :eek: long way from North France :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Always a favorite place to stop, wonderful views from there and some good riding roads all around. hope they rebuild.

12. Landed there today on the Hyperdoodah. :)

It's well fooked (the building, not the bike) o_O

IMG_6393.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. Any catering vans or anything there yet?

14. Not a sausage, or sausage roll for that matter. o_O

• Like Like x 1
  15. Went over today as well, closest thing to a sandwich was a jam sandwich. Bmw version.

good few there despite the lack of catering.

16. Let's face it. The catering was never the greatest. o_O It's the run up there that was the draw. It would be nice to have somewhere to top up the fluids at one end and drain the fluids at the other, though. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Its only 20 minutes from where I live. Never get sick of the road. The West side is a bit of a mess at the moment in places and East side has some new surface (much improved surface :upyeah:).
    Went on from there to Brampton, Newcastleton and down Keilder. Great ride, pleased to be on the GS though. The roads are in shocking condition.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information