1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has Anyone Bought The New Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa Ii?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Dr.D, Jun 24, 2018.

1. I am about to pull the trigger on some new tyres. I really like Bridgestone S21's, but its a ducati lol. I have ridden on Rosso III which are good, but tempted to try the DRC II, are they worth £50 more than the S21's...??? Has anyone shed their steed with the new Diablo Rosso Corsa II's?

2. Ok, I have bit the bullet, bought DRC II's, and had them fitted to my 996S lets see how they fair....

3. Any update on these tyres? Also interested, have been using Metzler M7RR's but was always curious how good the Rosso II's are?

4. Hi,
    I had the new DRC II tyres on but I don’t like them as much as the Bridgestone s21 or m7rr. They don’t give as much feedback and turn in feel. I wish I had put s21 like I have on my r1 they are way better

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. We have DRC 2's on our instructor bikes at Silverstone (R1's/R1M's)
    They're really good tyres for what they're designed for, they heat up well and you can throw abuse at them, and they slide progressively rather than just let go like some of the others on the market.
    If you're really pushing on on the track, you can overheat them and they become a 'bit slimy' but you need to be going hard to do that, and for the road and for getting up to heat quickly when you need it, they're a great tyre

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I was tempted but skipped right past them to buy the Supercorsa's again.
    The SC's last as long as the RC's and are much stickier.

7. I have the Rosso Corsa 3’s fitted to my 1299, but sadly I have only ridden my bike home from the dealership, not had a chance to see what they’re like.

My S1000rr was shod with Bridgestone RS10 tyres which were awesome, I did one track evening on them as well and they worked well, so if I don’t like the RC3’s I’ll more than likely go back to the Bridgestone.

I’ll go have a read but what’s the difference between the RC 2 & 3??? Is one more “touring” biased?

8. There are NO Rosso Corsa 3's.
    Pirelli has three choices in the road and track category:
    Supercorsa (mostly track with some street)
    Rosso Corsa 2's* (road and track)
    Rosso 3's (mostly street with some track)

*RC2's now replacing the RC

#8 DarR, Dec 15, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  9. I meant Rosso 3 obviously, no need to be pedantic.

10. Just though i'd clarify as the names are somewhat confusingly overlapping.
    Moreover, I could not obviously assume Rosso 3 on a 1299 as that is rare.
    On a 1299, most have SC and a few perhaps have RC.

#10 DarR, Dec 15, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  11. How could you not assume? Anyone can fit whatever tyre they want, given they make the correct size. The previous owner obviously felt these were the ideal tyre for himself and the bike.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information