1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Has Anyone Got A 1199/1299 Fitted With The Wheelbarrow Akros?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by NOODS X, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Hi I’m interested ... has anyone got a 1199 or 1299 fitted with the Paul Bird stylie wheelbarrow handle akro pipes?

2. All 1299R FE's came with them fitted...

3. ..and don't they loooooook so seXy:yum
    1299R FE .41.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. Have you boys got one of these then... ?

Just wondering what they sound like? Any performance difference etc? what the system costs etc.. ?

I luv the look of the pipes but I’m not a fan of the FE paint wise but that’s just my humble opinion..

5. Agree with you there about the 'marketing exercise R FE' :):upyeah:

6. A friend of mine has the FE. It looks much better in the flesh and it’s loud. Very loud.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. i have the Termi underseat system on the 1299, without Db baffles in its very loud, i would say too loud

8. It’s like the original SL I’ve never seen one in the flesh but every pic I’ve seen of them to me they look Orange ! If indeed that is the case why? X

9. Any chance of a picture of it pls.. how much is it for the system roughly too pls ? X

10. I paid about 2k for the system, but also fitted faring lowers from the 959 as there is a gap otherwise, which looks terrible ..

38F75597-EBFD-4F7B-AC95-91040F2D481B.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  11. My that’s beautiful, stunning, thanks for that really appreciate it... the £ is a lot less than I thought it would be tbh.. x

12. I luv the Tri C too, the far one is a bit different from what I can see too.. x

• Like Like x 1
  13. Luckly the first 2 are mine, the Tri C ( vinyl set) is my project bike, with Carrillo rods after a motor rebuild, and a few other nice bits and pieces, and the last one is a real Tri C from a friend, that was also fitted Carrillo rods as part of a Desmo service/ complete refresh. but added together a few $ worth of Exhausts there.. Akra system, Termi SSTK system and the Termi D170..!

14. Carillo rods I take they’re con rods? Are they mag or titn? I guess gives a little less weight and engine spins a little quicker yes.. ?

15. I visited MOTO Rapido last w/e when I was visiting my boy.. nearly found the credit c coming out for a Pani Tri C.. only the high mage stopped me tbh.. Have they got a protective film over the nose on the Tr C? For everyone I’ve seen seems to be an off white grubby looking finish.. x

16. The orange colour as explained to me at the factory is that it comes out as red on your tv as the race coverage filming used HD cameras.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. the Carrillo Con rods are H beam Steel forged drop in replacements, so no crank balancing is needed, there are really just a form of insurance, as the 1199 has a bit of history with throwing a rod, and destroying the engine. And as my 1199 was a non runner when i bought it, as the motor was going to be stripped it made sense to add these to the shopping list..

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. That’s fascinating... I’d never of thought that.. x

19. Which is why the SL is orange. So it mimics the race bike visually.

20. JHP fitted D3DCAF65-0C08-4DFC-A00D-3DB1596E6B9E.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
Do Not Sell My Personal Information