1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has The Mot Law Changed? Ref Top Gear

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by NOODS X, Oct 16, 2020.

1. POSS SPOILER ALERT...
    However, If your reading this on the Ducati Forum catch up ( back of the pack ) player, tough!

On Sundays show they had 3 insurance write offs .. They said they couldn’t drive them on the road until they were repaired in a way to pass an mot? Correct, as far as i’m aware..

They only had the remainder of each individual’s budget to spend repairing them and FF has a Maserati QuartroPoorToe so had little chance of repairing it due to obv price of parts etc..

later, they were all seen driving along a Scottish dual carriageway with other traffic there too and while the Porsche and Ford were decently repaired the Maserati was seen driving along with No bonnet at all! claiming less is more etc.

Now back in the day when i did MOT’s on Roman Chariots i’m sure it was deemed nessasquareeally to have a bonnet due to in the event of a road accident with a pedestrian the victim couldn’t fall into the engine area etc...

Is this just BBC different rules apply again?

Mind you there could be an individual case for the Maserati, in that, in the event of an accident with a pedestrian the Maserati is highly likely to be broken down already, hence the pedestrian is possibly fraudulently claiming injuries after throwing themselves at the broken down Car..

Your thoughts
    ?? X

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. If the items are fitted they need to secure ie bonnett, doors boot lid ect but there's nothing in the manual saying they actually have to be fitted. You can only fail jagged edges if they have been caused by corrosion or damage. But i must admit if that sort of thing came in for mot at my place of refuse to test due to my own safety concerns.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ha... So no wings? No Bonnet? No Doors? i’ve seen stock cars pulled out of a race for less than that.. The law is nuts at times..

If a car like that hit someone and they fell into the engine bay with pulleys fans belts etc imagine the extra damage they could do.. X

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Anybody else get the feeling that they are trying just a little too hard to be “out there” and lads having banter?
    I (guilty pleasure) like Paddy Mc in other programs but find him bloody annoying on Top Gear. Puerile with him and (the seemingly gormless) Flintoff, who I also like.
    So I stopped watching it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. the problem they have other than chris harris is they know fook all about cars!!

i know clarkson and co had there faults but at least they knew what they were on about.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. the Grand Tour to me seems to always be the same format too tbf.. enjoyable for a while and then.... bit like sex really i suppose.. X

Do Not Sell My Personal Information