1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you been there?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Banus, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Hi All,

Well it's that time of year again. Where to go on our hols in August in France. We've done the Cote d'azur fom St Tropez to Monaco recently and had probably one of our best holidays ever. Everything about it was perfect - weather / beaches / food & wine etc etc.

We still fancy the South of France but I don't really have much knowledge of the south coast apart from the Cote d'azur. So we're looking from the Spanish coast on the west upto the Cote d'azur on the east. We're looking for a nice (not too busy) typically French (well it owuld be if it's in France, but you know what I mean) seaside town with stuff to do in the evenings (bars / restaurants / walks / shopping) with great sandy beaches. Have you been there and / or can you recommend anywhere that might fit the bill. We're also flying there, where ever it may be. Thanks guys.

2. Plenty of options along the Languedoc coast. From small fishing ports such as Port Vendres to busier resorts such as Argeles Sur Mer. You can fly into Toulouse Aiport & I think there is an aiport at Carcassone. Good sightseeing in Beziers, Carcassonne & Narbonne, but the roads around these towns can get very busy.

Check out Port Vendres if you want somewhere quiet, or Argeles if you prefer a more lively resort. Lots of other places if you do a search for holiday towns in the Languedoc region. Happy hunting!

3. We've spent many Summers at Sable D'lonne in The Vendee region, not as warm as the South but much cheaper and quieter beaches

Do Not Sell My Personal Information