1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XDiavel Head Bearings

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Freerange_egg, May 24, 2021.

1. Could anyone advise how much hassle it is to change the head bearings? Or, if the garage does it, at what sort of price would I be looking?

Also, could anyone comment on taper roller bearings? Worth it?

2. We are on our 3rd set in 10 years, the last one changed under warranty. As it is a forks out job, I didn't even attempt to do it. Just replaced like for like although I did go taper roller on my 748. The guys in the workshop cannibalised a Hypermotard headstock bearing shroud for the Diavel and so far (fingers crossed not wishing to tempt fate) this last bearing is still good. Can't remember how much but probably a couple of hundred including bearings the first time. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Three sets of bearings in ten years sounds a lot? Do you think potholes damaged the bearings?

4. Our problem was water ingress and rusted bearings, hence the modified Hyper rubber cover. I also think that the standard Marzocchi forks are shite, I put 1 turn of preload and less than 1 turn compression and rebound to make the front end softer, it was so hard. In the end, I bought bespoke springs from a place in Germany and it’s a whole lot better. There is a thread I posted about it if you can find it. It’s a while ago now. Andy

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information