1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Head Gasket !!

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by V4sDuke, Aug 22, 2019.

1. I own an early 2018 V4s, it seems to have sprung an oil leak from between the cylinders and a thirst for coolant. A thirst that means it drinks all the coolant within a 5 mile ride !!!!!
    The radiator cap get a build up of oily slime when the coolant is filled up and the expansion bottle had similar oily residue coating the inside
    Anyone else had similar issues ????
    Living in the South East of England means that any dealership within a 60 mile radius doesn’t have the workshop capacity to look at it for 8 weeks.
    It is booked into Ducati Coventry for early September. If it is a head gasket, do I have the right to demand a new engine considering the stress it must have been under, whilst having no coolant.

61AD69CB-BB5F-414B-B08A-D485F05774CA.jpeg

7ADD804F-67EF-42BD-BB7B-8220D9C0F1C0.jpeg

2. Could be a cracked block or cylinder head not just the head gasket mate

3. If it is either of those I want a new engine or I will return the bike !!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. The coolant lasts less than 5 miles before it is all gone. There is no white smoke out the exhaust and definitely no leaks out of the coolant system onto the floor. It just evaporates

5. Who owns the bike? You or a finance company?

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  6. I own the bike outright

7. You don't say how many miles you#ve done, but personally I'd try and return the bike!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I have done 5700 miles

9. Have you checked the oil level?? The coolant can't just disappear like that I bet it's filling the sump up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I thought Protwins in godstone had quieten down in recent times with the mad summer rush completed.:thinkingface:

11. No chance of return imho. Best is pressure to replace motor: but that will be a simple economic question for ducati.

Prepare for a row :(

12. Highly unlikely you will get a new lump, how many times have you undertaken the '5 mile test' and does it have a full DUK service record ? Only your dealer can really advise if you have a decent relationship with one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I think you would favour better doing this conversation on the quiet with DUK not airing the issue on a public forum .... well at least until you get a no!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Set fire to it claim on the insurance.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. PM good advice next time...………………... :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  16. How old is it?

17. rtfi........:upyeah:;)

18. Duhh. I had a day yesterday of not reading things properly:(. Ta very much

• Like Like x 1
  19. These stories are not so uncommon with the V4. I think its a very good idea to air it on public forums,just to inform people that are thinking of putting down that much cash into a dreambike that could easily turn into a nightmare.
    One local guy here couldnt even manage to ride the bike home before the engine failed. He had a year fighting to get his money back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  20. I’d been asking the selling dealer to look at it ASAP

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information