1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Headlight Assy Wanted

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Slingy123, Sep 12, 2021.

1. EDITED ,

now looking for a damaged headlamp with a broken dipped beam lens.

Many thanks

#1 Slingy123, Sep 12, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  2. What’s wrong with your old one?

3. It’s got a cracked projector lens and the adjustment mounting has broke off and is missing so lights are pointing at the moon . I could do something with it but if there is a decent unit going I would rather refurb that instead .

4. I just had a look through eBay, prices are ridiculous! Maybe endurance the front end, or daytime not it and run without for as long as it takes to find a new one!

5. I’ve spoken to Ducati and a brand new unit is £600, the same some jokers are asking on EBay :mad:

it’s perfectly usable but I’m a bit of an OCD nut so want a pukka light at some point, probably just spring for a new unit as be done if no one has a reasonable priced one for sale

6. Unfortunately I don’t have one, and it’s one of those items that people seem to keep hold of.

one will come up but role the dice on condition if it’s second hand!

7. Best mate cracked a headlight of his 996 on our recent Scotland trip. Not just one crack but multiple fractures, All my fault 'cause he was following me, stone off my rear wheel apparently :rolleyes::D

Now off the road as MOT was due shortly afterwards. Ebay was around the £400 mark for completed listings but none for sale. In the end he had to order a new one from Italy. £640 and yet to arrive last I heard, not sure if there will be VAT and duty to pay on top o_O

8. If he bought it from Ducati, that’s the final price. I was quoted similar from them all in.

9. Still very ouchy all the same. Prompted me to look at the cost of the same for my Mutley... £870!!! :eek: Maybe those stick on perspex protectors aren't such a bad idea after all.

• Like Like x 1
  10. keep your eyes peeled, and prepare to be quick - a friend picked one up for £300 posted around April this year, if I see one F.S. then will p.m.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Are there not any Ducati dedicated breakers around ? Usually most Marques I’ve been involved with have a ‘go to’ guy who deals solely with one make/model. Can’t believe there are only 2 second hand light units for sale in the Uk/EU :no_mouth:

12. I think the whole Internet and very easy access to media plays a large part in this these days. Word spreads like wildfire if something is valuable/rare so relevant parts are either extortionately expensive or squirreled away..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. You could try @kev moose on here, I'm sure he is mainly Ducati parts.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. There was a breakers up near Norwich that I used to use!

I can’t remember the name of the place though just that it was off the a47

• Like Like x 1
  15. It’s probably worth mentioning I have good lenses on mine, so if anyone has a unit with broken lenses that’s fine too. It’s mainly the black plastic back housing I’m after

16. Thank you Bumpkin, I’ve bought your friends damaged light and will use my lens on it.

if anyone else is selling a light unit with broken dipped beam lens let me know.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Glad I could help you both; you get a unit to do a Frankenstien repair on and Carl to recover some of the eye-watering sum he had to give Ducati for his new headlight. Hope that your repair works out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information