1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Headlight Bracket Black?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Ady, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Can anyone shed some light on why my whole headlight assembly is black?
    All the rest I've seen are gray, also it looks like a gold colour underneath, where it has been scratched??
    Just curious.

2. Are the magnesium ones gold coloured?
    If so, may be one of those sprayed black

3. I honestly don't know mate, hoping someone on here might?

4. Post a pic @Ady . Magnesium ones have a gold color indeed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yip, pic required :)
    It must have been painted black. Maybe someone painted it to look like magnesium and it looked shit (as they do) then painted it black.
    There was a company on EBay selling painted magnesium ones with dubious wording to trick people :bucktooth:

6. EliteSupebikeParts sold one some time ago that was painted black.

If you look inside the shell at the stampings on the castings you'll see the letters Mg if it's magnesium or AL if it's the standard alloy one.

BTW magnesium isn't gold coloured - they are just painted gold.

7. Thank you all for the updates, I have no reason to assume it has ever been changed and it doesn't look as though its been repainted, where on the headlight is the stampings Air Duck as I'm buggered if I'm taking the bloody thing off as its a nightmare to reconnect the indicators!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. On the inside.
    It has been painted at some point.

9. Is that cos they have never made a black one Exige?

10. Yes indeed :)

11. They did make a black top yoke once though :innocent:

12. The paint on my one has flaked to buggery so maybe the same happened to yours and someone got the spray paint out.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Regular and magnesium - unmolested with black paint

2014-05-03 18.15.16.jpg

14. Yep - same here, so got it sprayed black. Not the best pic, but it came out pretty good (imo anyway)

20171009_201949.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. I have a 2003 749 & the paint on the headlight unit is bubbled & flaked off. Anyone know the paint code. It looks the same as the frame.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information