1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel Headlight Covers?

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Lel Howard, Apr 24, 2017.

1. has anyone bought a headlight cover than covers the upper and lower part leaving the LED middle?

If so please post a picture

IMG_2066.PNG

2. Have you sourced one then? Or just asking if there is one available?

3. Found a supplier. Think I know how it will look but would be good to confirm seeing one on bike.

The only worrry is they use a Velcro type attachment to put on and take off and so not sure about how it will look when they are off...

4. That's all a bit odd.

A gen 1 diavel is not an LED headlight, and that "cover" has wires going to it.

That looks more like a cover for the whole headlight, that has a LED strip built in to it. You would then need to wire it in to the bike to power the LED's.

Do able if you like the look.

5. I assumed they just wired up that middle light to show what it would look like on the bike...

6. Perfectly timed, someone posted a picture of their today on Facebook...

IMG_2067.JPG

7. I stand corrected (well, sat down typing), It does look like a head light cover. I didn't think the Gen 1 headlight had LED's in it, but, it looks like they do.

In all honesty, I'm not sure I'd be covering the head light up, I want cars to see me as much as possible.

8. I've read the lights are poor on gen 1 so definitely not at night. In the daytime the LeD strip is on so would remove if lights needed although you can see them through it.... but not a good idea at night

9. I now have the covers (definitely for day time use only, which still leaves the led strip clear for use), so all I need now is my flaming bike to put them on! :(

10. You not got it yet?

11. Nope :( and I don't know when I will get it :(

It is due between 7th and 14th I think?.....

The delay is Honda are doing the oil, filter and spark plug then driving it 50 miles to drop it off for the belts and valve clearances then they have to collect it then book a van to deliver it to me in South Wales :(

I've watched all the YouTube videos twice so would really like to see one of these bikes in real life now, preferably my one!

#12 Lel Howard, May 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  12. I've go those Slipscreens covers. They look good, & keeping the LED 'window' does aid visibility. I wasn't impressed with the supplied low-profile Dual-Lock fasteners though - they just didn't grip, so I'm replacing with a heavier duty version, or velcro.
    You're right about the appearance when removed - you have these blobs around the headlight, so its a bit crap. I don't ride at night though, so not really bothered.
    HTH

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information