1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Headlight Led 1098?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by RacingDuck, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Hi
    I am thinking of upgrade my stock Halogen headlight bulbs on my 1098 with some LED’s. Anyone here done this and can recommend some decent LED bulbs? The bulbs must be plug and play with no wire cutting or modifying of the stock bulb covers.
    Thanks.

2. Quite a thread on LED conversions being an MoT failure here, https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/mot-fail-if-you-have-converted-to-led.83683/. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. Think outcome was that as long as original beam pattern is maintained with proper cut offs then fitting HID or LED is now NOT an automatic MoT failure for cars and bikes. We're lucky as we have projector lights. I can't see non projector fairing so well at maintaining original beam pattern as the light direction is different. I bought two H12 LED kits from HIDs 4 U and can recommend their service. They also do great 55 Watt HID conversions. Good luck. Rich.

4. I stuck a set of these in my 1198. About £20. Had to cut a small hole in the back of the covers, so I bought another set for a fiver so everything can be put back standard.
    The lights are excellent, massive difference and my mot guy is fine with them as they are aligned well, not that it's difficult to put the bulbs back in. Been running them for around 2 years now.

IMG_20210810_112652.jpg

5. I fitted a pair of the Nighteyes to my Triumph Sprint 1050 (now sold waiting delivery of my 1198s) and was well impressed. It passed its MOT with them too. I 'll be doing the business on the 1198 when I get it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pleased you are pleased

Do Not Sell My Personal Information