1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headphones

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Monsterped, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Evening all

Need some new headphones for iPhone and music, ear bud style preferred. Got some Bose items, but bass is poor and wind noise is cack

Any suggestions without spending ridiculous amounts?

Ta

Ped

2. Purchasing Comply tips can apparently make a significant difference to ambient noise attenuation.

http://www.complyfoam.com/

As an Autocom and now Sena user I haven't tried these but a few friends that have say that they work well.

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. When one side went on my old faithful headphones, I found an old abandoned pair in my desk drawer at work. Awful to use as the sound leaking in from outside was atrocious. Swapped the tips between my great pair and the crappy pair and the crappy pair suddenly became awesome. I can well believe a good pair of tips would make the difference.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Have you turned off the eu volume limit

5. Must admit I've bought several Bose items over the years including the QC on ear phones and the in ear ones as well both of which have failed. The pads on the QC's fell apart and the wire on the in ear ones frayed.
    I look after my gear and was met with a negative response when I took them back. I won't be buying Bose products again.

6. Ultimate Ear do a 1.5version, I use the pro3 which are ridiculous but worth it imho. If you break the lead its £80 fix each time (£35 evaluation & £50replacememt lead).

7. I gave up buying expensive earbuds a while ago, now just use Sennheiser ones at about £35 a pop and replace as needed. Quality is ok and over a few years works out cheaper than having fewer sets of expensive ones getting lost or breaking down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I tend to agree Matt but the other side of the coin is that I want audiophile quality. Just like at home sitting in front of my home-theater at least 50% of a film is in the sound. For me going to venue's & concerts has waned & so the reproduction of been there or feeling you are inside the studio booth makes up for saving on nights-out. The other thing is I don't know how long am going to be alive. So spending mullah on high-end gear can seem stupid although I know I'm going to be absorbing the sounds at their peak.

Rant over

ps: If you convert CD music to use on your satnav. Choose the highest quality bit-rate, they become large files but you are listening to the best quality.

#10 GunZenBomZ, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  9. I bought some JBL in ear phones from TK Maxx for my son and they have become my favourites.
    Cost about sixteen quid.

10. Always tend to go Senheiser....is this for use while on your bike?

11. Bloody Brussels! :mad:

Screen Shot 2017-11-05 at 19.24.10.png

12. We should leave the EU and take back the power!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information