1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Headstock Stand For The L Twins

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by 749er, Jul 19, 2018.

1. hi
    Wondered what people were using to lift the front wheel off the ground. I have a headstock stand but the 18mm pin is far too small and I could not get the socket trick to work.happy enough to buy another so the 749 can continue to live on that over winter.

I looked into the centre stands like the 1Jac but I don’t want to have to trim my fairings.

Thoughts please

2. I have a headstock stand for big maintenance, however they are a bit of a fiddle, so for trackdays and anything that doesn’t need the forks out, I just use a Ducati Performance under fork stand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks, yes have a regular front stand also but need a headstock stand for fork work.

Which one did you buy and did it come with the correct sized pin?

4. Harris. Had everything in stock and got it a few days later. They send you all the right pieces for the bike details you give them.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I’ve got an ABBA stand with the front lift beam and it works well but is a faff on the panigale as the lower fairing has to come off to fit it

6. I wasn’t aware that the 1jac needed the fairings trimmed I thought that was only the ABBA stand ?

Steve

7. I suppose I could remove the lower fairing when putting it on a centre frame stand. It’s not like it would be used for track days

8. If you don't mind a short wait, as they're generally made to order, Gee-Tech stands are the best in the business, and used by most BSB teams
    They take 2-3wks depending on how much work he's got on, but they're not much more expensive than say a Harris stand, but the quality is exceptional

9. Haven't you got varied sized pins? I have several for mine, shame you're not closer you could grab them and try

Brent not got anything? He must have loads with his bike stock!!

10. Yes, but the largest size I have is 18mm. It’s a bit like throwing a carrot up a close, a term usually used to describe something quite different, but I am sure you get the drift!

The Panigale needs a much larger pin. I have read 28mm but that seems a bit big to me. I tried an inverted 22mm socket and that sat just inside the hole but I could not get the stand to lift the front. Obviously the outside diameter of a 22mm socket is more that 22mm. Maybe about 28mm

11. 0C50041E-253C-4AE7-AA02-E65486A70435.jpeg
    do you have one of these stands as well as the Harris?

• Like Like x 1
  12. why dont you ask FE to turn you a new pin to the dimensions you need...

13. I didn't know he did that kind of thing. I thought he fixed big machines

14. email or text him send him your original pin or its mounting dimensions and the new top dimension you want.....im sure he can help simple lathe job.

15. Constands. German. Off eBay. Pin fits into hole in lower triple clamp.
    Get the one for the Diavel as Panigale not listed.
    Had it 3 years now, works fine.
    Was £60 before Brexit devalued the £

• Like Like x 1
  16. I have a constands rear stand and it is excellent

Do Not Sell My Personal Information