1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Healtech Qse

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Broduc64, Jul 17, 2022.

1. Has anyone fitted the healtech qs easy, QSS1, to a 2016 Multi 1200 ?

If so, has it been reliable, work properly, etc.

Thanks

2. Yes. It was not a good experience.

Failed earth caused a breakdown on Scottish trip, wasn't smooth and only officially did upshifts. Thrown in bin.

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. Cheers, thought it might not be up to much. I'll spend the money on a new tyre. :upyeah::joy::joy:

• Like Like x 1
  4. I put one on my Monster, it’s been fine.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. I have one on my recently purchased 2015 1200S DVT, upshift only but it's very smooth and actually I'd say better than the oem fit on the 1260S, which itself hasn't been reliable, it's now on it's 3rd QS, fortunately both replaced under warranty.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Hi Sam,
    Do you have a recent 1200?
    I have been looking at a Healtech Quickshifter Easy iQSE-1 and wondered if it would work well on a 2014 Monster 1200S.
    Is it good for down as well as upshifts?
    Thanks Screenshot_20220721_163958_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20220721_163958_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg

7. Pretty sure it's only for upshifts, but could be wrong as I haven't fitted one on a Monster.

8. It will still cut the ignition on downshifts but the gearbox is normally unloaded anyway for downshifts. On a part throttle downshift, it will let the gear go in, but of course, can’t rev match as there is no blipper, so it won’t be entirely smooth.

9. Thanks for your replies folks,

I like the idea of a quickshifter, as a friend I ride with on a BMW XR loves it as the change is very slick.
    However I am not too sure an aftermarket one on a lumpy L twin, that wasn't originally designed to work with one, would be the same...
    From what I have read and seen on Youtube it seems that it would work ok at full throttle but less so at round town speeds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Can’t say I’ve ever used it at round town speeds. They are easily adjusted via their app on your phone though.

It is upshift only. Not really tried it on downshift as no autoblipper.

Not great between 1st and 2nd but maybe I should adjust it. Personally I like it, had no problem with it. I use the clutch in busy traffic without even thinking about it. Only use the Quickshifter when I want to ‘shift quickly’.

I’ve got one for my Multistrada, just not got round to fitting it yet.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Each to their own but I don’t really get why you would need one for road riding and changes at part throttle. All a QS does is momentarily unload the gear train so that another ratio can be engaged without coming off the throttle. If you are not flat out chasing lap time, wouldn’t you just ease the throttle slightly and snick another gear?

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information