1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Healtech Quickshifter Experiences??

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Alan Murphy, Feb 19, 2019.

1. What are your experiences of fitting/using a healtech Q/S on a 1200 DVT?
    Thanks
    Al

2. Anybody do this yet?

I fancy one on my bike but would like a real time experience from someone.

Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. There’s a video on YouTube of one in a multistrada 1200

I fitted one in my monster R but haven’t ridden the bike yet so don’t know it it works yet

Was easy enough to fit and the app seems very good so hopefully it works well!

Setting it up on a single sided swingarm paddock stand it pretty frightening...

FA0B326E-34AC-4D58-9FE0-BDEBECCBBC9F.jpeg 82507173-A63F-49BF-B07F-4E8A1DCF71EA.jpeg

4C8859C7-AC5B-4642-8581-33DEE5D39C8D.jpeg 816369CA-5038-432E-98EA-D1BCBD19E11C.jpeg

#3 flatstick959, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  4. Don't Ducati list one for the 1200 dvt for about 200 quid. I might be tempted too for a bit more fun when making "steady progress".....;-)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Do they, if you can find it I would be most interested.

6. I fitted an Annitory QS on my Monster 1200R. Simply awesome.
    The MTS is not listed but it's a Testastretta engine. Perhaps it's just an oversight . I would just contact them.
    http://annitoriqs.com/contact-us/

• Like Like x 1
  7. Give Stuart at Italia in Lincoln a ring. Was chatting with him about exactly this at the weekend. Under £300 fitted and set up. He said they’ve had no bother with them and no gearbox issues after use. I’m sorely tempted.

8. They are only upshift. They never sorted autoblip downshift.

9. I bought a standard Ducati one form my 17 Supersport for around £150 from Ducati Manchester. It is the same one as fitted to my nieces Monster 821. Integrates with the bikes electronics and works up and down with auto blipper.
    Would have thought that there is one for the DVT.

10. I second that. The upshift is impressive but the downshift is more or less useless and certainly not quick or quicker at least in my opinion.
    In order for it to blip and engage the downshift, you have to completely close the throttle.
    For me, it's a lot faster staying on the gas with perhaps a slight blip when needed and using the clutch.

11. Then as you intimate it’s not up to the job, I want it both ways as they say.

Perhaps a 1260 or a KTM 1290 must be considered.

12. Does the Healtech blip when the throttle is fully closed then? I want one for touring (being lazy) and upshift is nice, as is being able to gently roll up to junctions and knock down the box on a closed throttle. Might fit the bill for me, as not aiming to go racing! :)

13. All I can say is that I wasn't impressed with the downshift feature on the 2017 Monster 1200 "S".
    I now own a Multi 1260 with the Up/Down QS but have yet to ride it. I'll comment further when I take delivery in about a month's time.

14. Just spoke to Healtech and they confirm the autoblipper is not on the downshift, you “can” downshift if the gearbox is smooth, hmmmm not sure that’s what I wanted to hear.

Think I shall leave it, I change gear going up the box without using the clutch plenty fast enough anyways.

15. I read you. I don't worry about the downshift part of the QS. It's not a big thing even when factory installed.
    Even on factory units, you have to completely close the throttle which is a pain.
    Honestly, for day to day use, the best part of the "Up" QS is going from first to second. Especially around corners.
    The QS was the biggest performance upgrade on the Monster 1200R.
    I know this thread is about Healtech but the Annitori QS I had installed is flawless with no mis-shifts.
    Moreover, the Android app is easy to use and customizable.

#16 DarR, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  16. I had one on my 848 and I hated it, couldn't get it set up properly and I think it's damaged my 3rd gear as it kept jumping to false nuetrals on upshift. I am sure my experience isn't common but I feel that you need to be able to set the shift time differently depending on the gear (i.e longer cut lower down the gears, shorter in the wider spaced gears) rather than just depending on RPM, as when I got it set up for sooth riding at lower speeds it was terrible when pushing on and vice versa.

If you want aftermarket personally I would go Translogic, it's more money but claims to learn the shift sequence and spaces depending on gear AND revs, and many have posted really positive experiences with it. Mine was not a positive experience at all.

17. I had one but on my Honda, it took a long time setting up and did work fairly well given the money it cost. It still was not perfect and I did get a lot of false changes but mainly in the higher gears which didn't bother me too much, I took it off after I got bored with it after some 2 months and decided that my gearbox didn't like a qucikshifter, and really I should have spent the money on a HM unit.

18. so similar experience, honestly though false nuetrals at 100mph scared the crap out of me, I could hear the gearbox crunch even with ear plugs in!

19. Yeah my thoughts exactly, it's a good thing I had a rev limiter!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information