1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Heated Grips,1 Only Works!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Pendle pete, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Hi all. Any pointers to why one grip stopped working while out for a ride?. Both was working at the start then about 20 minutes in the left hand one packed in!.Multistarda 1200s on a 67 plate so still under warranty. Thanks in advance.

2. Nature of the beast I’m afraid. Not sure why but the OE grips are temperamental at best or just crap. To be fair mine lasted 4 years but they are notorious. Get it back to the dealer and whilst it’s not a difficult job, it’s very time consuming as the connectors are buried under the front of the tank. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ok.Will ring the dealership tomorrow and let them know what’s happened. If they have non in stock they can then order from Ducati and fit at the next service.Thanks Andy.

4. I am surprised you can tell they are on! They are pants compared to the ones fitted to my 2014 multi.

5. Hi firecat.
    1st time really being out in the cold on this multi.My last Multi was a 2013 GT, but they never failed.Think the grips are a hit and miss at working.....
    May be Ducati need to change supplier ( Oxford )???.
    Any heat on a cold day’s riding is better than non, when they work!.

6. Agreed,but riding in spring this year at anything below around 10 degrees it was hard to detect they were on. Dealer has replaced but not used them yet. Compared to my last bike they are pants for the money, Oxford grips are way superior for less than a 1/3rd the cost, and reliable but without the integration.

7. Got 18 months out of my 2013 heated grips, replaced under warranty back in the day...nothing changes.

8. Hey Pete, did you find out what the issue was with the heated grips? Noticed the same thing, one on the left not working...thanks.

9. Hi kel.didn't ask the dealership what was the problem was, they just changed them under warranty.signed a warranty claim paper for the dealers to claim back from Ducati.if yours is still under warranty,ring the dealership and book it in for them to sort it out.hope this helps you.

10. Had 2 sets in 12 months on my scrambler full throttle same on my DVT they really are expensive crap
    Had a set of Oxford on my blackbird since 2000 still going strong

11. You would have thought Ducati would have upped their game buy now and changed supplier with all the warranty claims against them.( they must have a Italian supplier) !.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information