1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Heated Grips... Grrrrr (am Options Wanted)

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Lyons, Aug 3, 2018.

1. I had an issue a few weeks ago with the throttle side heated grip dying... Sourced myself a 2nd hand set, fitted the throttle side (the lazy way with heat shrink and solder) , powered it up, happy days warms grips again... Now a few weeks later I figured I'd power up the grips after getting a bit of a soaking (had my summer gloves on) and yet again - nowt... If I throw 12v directly into the grip it works... But not via the on board method... So if I've been so unlucky with it again, is it simple to get a set of aftermarket heated grips and splice & solder them into the Ducati loom? Or am I going to need to strip it down to check the connection under the tank? 2012 1200s

2. Oxford grips are spot on and cheap, if you don't mind the aftermarket controller.

3. Can they be wired into the stock loom?

I'm not too bothered about the controller if they have to be wired in separately... Are they a straight swap if I fit them as per the instructions?

4. Straight to the battery, they are very easy to fit.

5. Remember that they are wired in parallel so if either side fails they both fail. Only reason i am replying is what the hell are you doing with heated grips turned on with 26+ degrees C out there. Or are you sending from Siberia.

6. Apperantly you can wire Oxford heated grips directly to the original wiring and they work, I did a search on here and found the chap who did it, I need to do the same but not yet as it is summer.

7. I fitted some elements under some pro grip grips , wired into the stock wiring - have a search , I posted the link to the cheapo elements

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information