1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Heated Grips

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Ducati Dave, Sep 7, 2017.

1. It's not a big issue for me because I've only used them a couple of times and don't find them that great but, on checking the other day when doing some routine maintenance I noticed that my heated grips are no longer working.

The bike happened to be going in for a service last week and I asked the mechanic if he knew of any Multis that had experienced a problem with the grips that did not have to be solved by the fitting of a complete new unit. He said he did not.

At the moment I am resigned to taking a hit on the resale/trade-in value because I don't need them, but can anyone shed any further light?

2. They fail alot on the 13-15 model. Had mine done twice. :(

3. Could always trade in and not mention it, dealers have a large degree of margin built in to their rip off pex quotes, so let them fix it. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I bought some elements from eBay for about a fiver that work great

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. M@tt,
    Interesting. I take it that you just replaced the wrap round circuit boards underneath the grips. How did you attach them? Do you have a link for the eBay listing? Cheers

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. When one grip goes the other follows soon after unfortunately.
    I remember someone on here who found the actual break in the circuit board and repaired it but more often than not it's new grips.
    You can replace them yourself to save some cash but on the single spark models you have to take the tank off to find the connector. A right pain!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. That was me

Do Not Sell My Personal Information