1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Heated Grips

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by manxxl, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Just bought a pair of r&g heated grips does anyone know if you can splice them into original wiring.

2. The original wiring needs to be activated by a dealer. I doubt they would do it for you. But maybe worth asking

3. Already got heated grips but left hand grip u/s I'm not prepared to pay Ducati price so thinking of trying different make but wondered if I could splice into original wiring.

4. I think thats been done by others - so worth a try

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yes been done by others.

6. Thanks I'll let forum know after if it works out ok.

7. Fitted the R&G heated grips to the Mutly and soldered wiring to original wiring, they work perfectly.

8. Are they hotter than the Ducati ones...

9. Didn't try them on high but med was pretty warm ,it was just a nice experience to have both working.

10. Do I take it that the Ducati heated grips are not particularly warm then?

11. On the 1200 DVT they were not very warm... they actually got to around 60'C... but did not have enough power to maintain that with windchill when the ambient temps dropped below 10'C. (or at least for me)

I had the same on my 15 and 17 DVT.. even had them changed by dealer on 15 DVT... all 3 sets same..

12. Personally find them ok on the DVT they are crap on the scrambler. I think Oxford are the best but it difficult to do a tidy job on a naked bike
    Just bought a pair of heated gloves

• Like Like x 1
  13. I use heated gloves and heated grips when its cold (less than 8'C) - on both the scrambler 800 and 1100 and the Multi 1200 DVT

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. The originals (PRE DVT) used to be great, but broke a lot.
    The DVT ones are more robust but nothing like as warm
    I've heard the 1260 ones are better.

It's probably all down the the software really!

15. Had mine (1260) on medium this morning, 7°C ambient temperature, open countryside A roads so reasonable pace. Almost too warm, had to knock em down to low once I hit town. Not sure if I'll ever use high unless colder and on a motorway run. Seems like they've got it pegged about right on the latest model.

#15 Bumpkin, Oct 26, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  16. I agree - that has been my experience too.

17. On my 2012 single spark mine get too hot on high medium is hot enough
    lol.

18. So is it just the grips you solder in? You don't need the oxford controller? My right grip stopped working ages ago

19. Out of interest what heated gloves did you buy and how would you review them Thanks in advance.

TB

Do Not Sell My Personal Information