1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Heated Grips

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by pcn1, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Is it me, or don't the factory heated grips get very hot ?
    I fitted Oxford heated grips to my old Air cooled mutley and you couldnt use full heat for too long !

Max heat on the new bike is "almost" as good as mid-heat on the Oxfords :confused:

#1 pcn1, Mar 25, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  2. The OEM's on my 1260 get scolding hot when at max. Even medium is hot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I found the 1200 DVT grips to be pathetic, barely getting warm on maximum. Compare that to the grips on the 2013 Twin Spark which worked very well. When the 1260 came out I had a long test ride and found the heated grips to be back as good as the 2013's.
    I asked at the time if I could fit the 1260 heated grips to my 1200 and was told they won't fit as the manufacturer is different and they won't integrate with the loom. So when my OE grips failed I fitted a pair of Oxfords for about a third of the price of OEs. I now have a pair of very nice warm/hot grips and my fingers thank me for it.

4. Maybe I'll get the dealer to check them out for me before the warranty expires

5. They get plenty warm on my 1260 also - on medium, the rest of me gets colder than my hands. Normally I leave them on low on “cool” days. Max would probably melt my hands.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hot, hot, hot on my 1260MTS.......

7. Compared to my previous bike (GS) both the 1200 & 1260 have what I’d describe as mediocre heated grips.

The hottest setting on the BMW was only suitable for near freezing, otherwise they were too warm.

8. I’d never encountered heated grips until my recent acquisition of a KTM Superduke R. And medium is plenty warm enough. I don’t think full whack is doable, too hot!

9. 1260 here and they get proper hot. Use them on low or medium. I’m guessing hot would be needed if popping out to Siberia ......

10. I picked up my 2018 950 today and despite the dash saying the were on high, I couldn’t feel any heat at all! I forgot to check them without gloves when I got home but I will do so tomorrow.

#10 Paulel, Mar 27, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  11. I would imagine the heated grips on the 950 must be the same as those on the 1200 DVT, as they were useless too, the 1260 version is much more effective.

12. Quick update.
    Went out on the bike today wearing my summer gloves, leather with thin cotton liner, no padding. Previous gloves were more of a colder weather glove, not deep winter zero degrees type, but thicker anyway.
    Felt the heat a lot more, max heat was hot, (but not scolding as my Oxfords aftermarkets were on my old bike) but good enough.
    I can live with that, they obviously work ok. Will be looking to buy a heated vest for the colder days anyway as I don't work well in the cold !!
    :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information