1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Held Evest Air Bag

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Advikaz, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Guys,

After a bit of a rough year last year of seeing people injured or worse.. I’ve made the decision to get an airbag vest, the Held eVest to be specific which utilises the in&motion technology and can fit under numerous other suits;

D87D18F3-264E-4733-AA93-A1F6987FEAF4.jpeg
    F207685A-445A-4BDD-820F-76F1080E930E.jpeg

Feel safer already to be honest and they’re pretty affordable !

I’ve used held leathers now for a fair bit of time and have tested them thoroughly, I wouldn’t use anything else personally so it’s nice to have the air bag option to accompany them now

well worth it for the money in my books, I didn’t realise these were so affordable now!

• Useful Useful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. So just over £300 from a quick Google? :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  3. I think it’s properly reasonable for what it is. When you consider the price of airbag suits and this can be used with numerous suits

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Indeed, but I was chuntering having to Google it as you never said how much :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Looks a good bit of kit and £20 for another gas charge can to use again

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Did you consider the Dainese smart jacket Adam?

7. I've been looking at air bag vests most of the year and agree there the way forward. I'm hanging on for the Alpinestars tech 5 which should be available very soon.
    How did you gauge the space/ size needed for the jacket ?

8. But do you get the 3 LED’s down the left forearm? That was the clincher for me :D

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Dainese do some great airbag stuff. It’s a fair bit more money though, and I know people who have crashed with this system which is handy.

also the Dainese system has to be sent off to recharge and also doesn’t have neck coverage !

I’m a bit of a held fan boy if honest, but I have used most brands in the past and leathers wise I personally believe they’re in a league of their own. They’re the Daytona of the leathers world in my eyes

#9 Advikaz, Jun 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 1

10. Spoke to held directly mate and they told me what I’d need

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. I’m not a fashion icon like you

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Was looking at these around crimbo time and again after my last euro, my mate broke his collar bone...:thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Which Held suit do you use?

14. I’ve got a slade race suit at the moment

next suit will be Either the race evo or the full speed

#14 Advikaz, Jun 18, 2020
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Did this fit under your current set of leathers, or have you had to purchase a new/larger set to accommodate?
    Held fanboy here also. :cool:

16. Can you fill in a bit detail please ? The Held page, https://shop.held.de/en/detail/index/sArticle/716/number/092070-00-1-L, says the In Motion box requires registration at extra cost and the In Motion web site, https://uk.inemotion.com/myinemotion/en/moto-membership, leads me to think that there is a subscription fee in addition to the initial purchase and registration fee to qualify for updates and the no question replacement and an additional subscription for track riders. It’s very confusing. Andy

#16 Android853sp, Jun 18, 2020
  17. Guess it depends how loose you current leathers are. It always amazes me how loose the MGP boys look, then you see the airbag go off and you understand why!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. RST use the in&motion electronics in their suits. You can either pay a one off fee or a subscription of about £12 a month. If you subscribe software uploads are free and you can unsubscribe if hibernating over winter. You send the "brain" back and your sub stops (not sure where as can't remember.) Then when ready to use just get it posted back to you; simples.
    The medical jury is out regarding air bag inflation support for neck/head. Some jacket/suits and vests have an inflated support, others allow the head to wobble about when you do a "Torvil &Dean" off the bike.

• Like Like x 2

19. It is a bit confusing. There is a subscription (same for many these days) but that subscription gives you a lifetime warranty and constant updates.

There's a road or a track subscription (or both), it means the brain activates (deploys) on different parameters (afterall you don't generally have stone walls on race tracks). These subscriptions can be put on 'holiday' when not in use for a period of time.

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Is that the £399 payment quoted on the In Motion membership page ? Having recently looked at the new Helite e offering, one more parameter to add to your list, fill volume. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information