1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello All

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by PaulG, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Hi all,

Long term owner but only just signed up here.

I've a 98 748, purchased in 2004. She's not my regular ride (I've a VRF800) and has been in storage for the last 2 years due to a house move. She's just being recommissioned, all fluids, belts etc.....which is turning into a little light restoration.

So far the service items are complete. Just in the process of swapping bolts out to stainless (keeping originals & will replate). Next task is the headlights. I've acquired a bi led projector that im going to attempt to fit, so a new headlight loom to be made up as I'll relay them at the same time.

Still to do... Remove old data tool alarm (it's a bit iffy), upgrade rectifier (mosfet one on order) and I've also ordered a Chinese fairing kit. Yes, I know they're not perfect, the goal is to store the original fairings so they don't get damaged. At some point I also need to get the shock overhauled as theres a few chips on the spring.

I'm sure I'll have a few questions for everyone, but for now here's a pic of the old girl.

Paul

IMG_20180610_185457.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  2. Paul,welcome on board the forum:upyeah:,looks nice and bright for this tuesday morning,i see you carry out plumbing works by the looks of things.

3. Welcome Mr G :):upyeah:

4. Hello :upyeah:.

5. haha, you spotted the solder in back ground. I do most things. Just pretty much built a new bikestore / kitchen. Did most myself except the brickwork. The pic is 2 years old before storage, she looks more like this now.

Paul

bike stripped.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Great to see the original red tool case inplay,i'm looking for at the minute on Ebay for the 998 as missing from the previous owner.Plenty of folks on here with expertise on these wonderful machines.

7. Welcome dude

• Like Like x 1
  8. Welcome on board, bike looks great

9. Welcome to the Forum Paul :upyeah:. Glad to see you bought the correct colour 748 :D.

When, if, removing the Datatool take note that you'll need to bridge a couple of the loom connectors or else you'll not be able to start her up once removed. It usually plugs into the loom in 2 places, remove it and there's a break in the loom which will consequently prevent starting (can't remember whether it's fuel pump or ignition now :confused:).

10. I might have a spare you can have.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Oh. Hi and welcome

• Like Like x 1
  12. welcome paul'

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hello and welcome on board.

14. Hello and lovely 748.

• Like Like x 1
  15. hi Paul, looking good despite not moving for 2 years :upyeah:
    are they upgraded front brake hoses? they dont seem to pass over the mudguard

16. Oi newbie PG tips where’s my rubbish bin pics we like them and it keeps me happy :thinkingface:

Welcome into our mad house

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. F1AA3E99-FEC8-4EC1-9525-F27D6CEA8569.gif

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Welcome to the forum

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks Exige. Purchased a couple of things from your eBay store
    It's got most of the original tools in there.... except the bloody fairing bolt tool i needed at the weekend....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information