1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Eeza, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Hi there, Ok I’m Eric, I’ve been into bikes for most of my life and have got a nice collection of stuff that allows me to enjoy biking in all of its forms (or most of them).

The reason I have joined is because last year my Brother in law passed away after a tough few years fighting cancer. Steve bought his bike brand new in 2009 and its a Streetfighter S model.

He lived in Blackpool and I live in Durham in the UK so we only got to meet on the bike at devils bridge occasionally. He was responsible for actually getting me into bikes in my twenties when I used to push start his CBX 750.... Oh the joys..

Anyhow, I am going to get the frame refinished this year and am looking for some advice along the way. I've a post if the Streetfighter forum and hope to document this journey.

I don't see me selling the bike so this is going to be part of my life for many years to come I hope and so I want to do right by the bike but more importantly right by Steve.

He had a few other bikes but his favorite was the SFS and I can see why

Hopefully I can do them both justice

• Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome again :):upyeah:

3. welcome Eric - look forward to the pics :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

4. welcome Dave :)

5. Welcome To The forum Eric. :)

6. Hi Eric
    Welcome to the forum :upyeah:
    Great bike, hope you enjoy the project.
    Would love to see pics along the way....also the Aprilia in your avatar :)

7. Hi Eric
    Welcome into the mad house

We do like pics of bikes and bins please indulge us :)

Little thought to Steve too

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yep I will post some piccies of that one, I have everything it left the factory with, Chip, Filter, OE Can, the Aprilia Race can and the Akra's that are fitted, foot pegs, rear seat lol..

Nobody has 'improved' it in any way other than a PC3 that makes it a joy to ride

#8 Eeza, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Welcome and enjoy!

10. Welcome to what is probably the best bike forum on the web.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Welcome to the helter skelter:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. welcome eric, I think you'll get spot on advice from these people.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information