1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Folks My Sc.

Discussion in 'Sport Classic' started by Gordon Watson, Apr 5, 2017.

1. I've had my SC 1000 Sport for 7 years, bought as a standard bike and slowly over time have turned it into what I wanted hope you like it. The best mod engine wise was the PUC2 intake from Intake Express big difference with throttle response power wise I don't know as I have never Dyno'd the bike yet.
    P.S: It is louder than a loud thing on a loud day as well:tearsofjoy:

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_1335.jpg

IMG_1371.JPG

• Like Like x 19
  2. hello and welcome. Bike looks cool

• Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome to the forum.

Very nice looking bike. :thumbsup:

Pete

• Like Like x 1
  4. Great job Gordon :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. If that's the wasp puk fitted on the intake iv the same , it turns the bike into a snarling thing, in fact due to the induction noise alone I have to wear ear plugs and I don't just mean for comfort , without plugs I couldn't rev the bike out lol. Anyhows looking good.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah it is the Wasp Induction, I know what you mean about the noise it's as load as the Zards:tearsofjoy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. most of us could find room for that in our shed :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Coo, bet your neighbours love you at 7am on a sunny Sunday morning

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yes but it's a nice and bloody addictive loud lol. I'd mine out for a morning blast today and came home buzzing , these bikes are more than the sum of their parts, if ya know what I mean .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. If anyone hasn't experienced the wasp power up kit ( puk) it replaces the air box with dimpled velocity stacks, a series of k&n filters and a power commander. Mine has had dyno time to map it and the bike is super smooth. The noise is a deep roar that tries to suck out your eardrums hence the ear plugs. The wasp puk is a quality piece of kit but costly. Hey ho.

• Like Like x 1
  11. How much did it all work out to cost?

12. To be honest iv no idea , the previous owner carried out the work :grinning:

13. Here is the site, good guys to deal with, tell them your exhaust set up and the PC3 come ready with the map. you have to tell them if you have the standard ECU in or the ECU that come from Ducati when you fit the Termi system.
    SPORTCLASSIC PUK
    Not cheap but for me worth it as the bike is a keeper.

14. Very tempting upgrade, just when i thought i was done!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I think the WASP kit was a waste of money, spent a full day doing dyno runs on the SC and my Monster 1100 Evo, the SC never gained any power, the bike already had Termnis and ECU fitted and standard air box, fitting the power commander and air filters the bike made the same power, torque curve was similar, contacted WASP and sent the graphs, they offered to buy back both kits at half the price plus I was to pay shipping, WASP also sent me a new map for the power commanders but it didn't make much difference, the figures they quoted both bikes didn't achieve, they put it down to standard of fuel I was using and conditions on the day.

16. To be fair I havnt a before and after experience as the kit was already fitted on my bike when I purchased nor have i carried out an independent dyno run.... but im very tempted .

17. Nice bike Gordon,
    what forks and yokes are those?
    Big improvement?
    Thanks andy

18. Sorry for the very late reply Braz,

The forks and brakes have made a significant improvement IMO especially the brakes, forks have improved stability under heavy braking for sure.

The forks are from a 1198 & the yokes were from here https://www.performanceparts.de/en/DUCATI/SPORTCLASSIC/TRIPLE-CLAMPS-HANDLEBARS/

#18 Zards, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  19. That looks killer!
    About the Wasp kit, even if it doesn't really add power or torque, is it still worth it for the "experience" (noise...) alone?

Welcome! :beer:

20. welcome gordon'

Do Not Sell My Personal Information