1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello From California

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Samzero, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Hey ladies and gentlemen. Thought to introduce myself. I’m Sam. I finally got my first Ducati. 2010 Hypermotard 796 with 24k miles on it. I hope it isn’t a bad deal. I’m planning to do all the maintenance I can myself. Let me know what to watch for and such. Any tips are very helpful to me. Especially it’s my first European motorcycle and things are a bit different with those Italian horses.
    What shall be the first things I should do to this maintenance wise? My main thing is the seat since I seem to slide forward and things start getting painful after a while lol

Thank you and looking forward to learn from all of you

17DA0E34-55E6-4585-9E35-BD93E3C51EA7.jpeg

1843E01B-C943-4A86-A2BD-BB0A8F8FAB51.jpeg

981671F1-244A-4CF6-907B-CAA034D6AC2A.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  2. Hello Sam, you don't happen to know Tammy from calkayak.com/

3. Hi Sam and welcome to the Forum.. I’ve a 796 Hyper too, great agile little bike..

May I suggest a pair of termis minus baffles And straight through LeoVince connector pipes with no lamda sensors and no catalytic converter, made the word of difference to how mine ran, Allows the bike to breath with far better pick up etc, sounds beautiful too.. X

• Like Like x 1

4. Haven’t had the pleasure. Should I know Tammy?

5. I don’t know what any of that means just yet. All that was done to the motorcycle exhaust system was a core job. It does sound really nice with many pops and crackles on deceleration.. love it. Made me giggle the whole way ridding it back home last night.

I’ll definitely look into the setup you’ve mentioned, but may I ask you for perhaps a video to give me an idea of how would a tastefully done setup would sound compared to a modded stock exhaust?

What major maintenance and things I shall watch for? I already had a slight problem last night while riding it back home. Every stop, while the engine is just idling, the oil light comes on. Ones I rev to take off, it’d turn off. I’m thinking perhaps an oil pressure sensor or something of that sort? Maybe low on oil? Not sure what to think but it was a bummer since the bike was just 30 min new to me and finding that was a little bummer.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. would you happen to have links for the parts? Also how much was this whole investment?

7. I will get some pics etc sorted for you.. Did you buy your bike from a dealer or private?

8. 3939EFD6-FB8E-4484-8837-377B1F0C0F9A.jpeg 00CD1B18-4983-4FC4-BF2F-6A59486316C4.jpeg

• Like Like x 3

9. It was a private seller. I am still nervous but I’m confident with the help of this forum, I shall sort the things that might be wrong with the bike. I’m currently ordering oil and filter but searching here for recommendations didn’t help me much. What do you use for oil? Anything specific that Ducati people like to use over the rest? I was going to get what I’ve used before which is Mobil 1 synthetic. But I’m open for suggestions ☺️

10. Welcome

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hi and welcome

• Like Like x 1
  12. Welcome on board!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Welcome along

14. Difficult to see from your pics but it looks like yours has already had a de cat and lambo sensors removed..
    yes any doubt go change the oil and check the level through the eyeglass with the bike not on the side stand it needs to be standing upright..
    I had an oil filter blow out whilst riding which was not good ( oil on tyre etc) X

15. Welcome dude :cool::upyeah:

16. Thanks mte X

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. You're welcome...

(to pinch any of my jokes :bucktooth: funny though o_O) dude :cool::upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Nice trash cans :)happy dB

Welcome into our mad house

19. I’ll confirm when I go home this morning from work. I haven’t noticed any bulk so I though *them sexy Italians are too damn pure they won’t put a cat in there* lol

I get how the cat impact the exhaust. What the sensor do?

ill get me Mobil 1 synthetic for the oil. Do you happen to have the code/model for the oil filter? I can’t seem to find the shop manual anywhere as of now so

Do Not Sell My Personal Information