1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello From Cheltenham

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Dave_C, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Greetings forumites,

Back to motorbikes after a 16 year break and treated myself to this fantastic '17 Supersport S. Can't believe how much things have changed since my last bike (YZF750) with up/down quick shifters, ride modes, digital displays and the host of electronic safety features available nowadays. I know the bike looks a bit grubby in the photo but the 'after wash' photo was hopelessly out of focus :(

Plans are to try and get out as much as possible as the weather allows during the Winter, with some plans to maybe do a couple of track days when the weather gets better along with a bit of touring with mates / days out to BSB / IoM / Le Mans / etc. during the Summer.

I'd originally thought about a 899 / 959 / V2 Panigale but the SS was definitely the right bike for me after such a long lay off and although the YZF was a brilliant bike a big V twin was always my dream.

The SS might be joined by a V2 Panigale at some point though...

Dave

IMG_2022-01-16-15-33-59-682.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  2. Welcome to the forum Dave.:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome from just up the road. A few around here

4. That's exactly why i don't ride in wet weather condition, all that cleaning no thank you.
    Welcome.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. I see a white theme going on there
    Are your rubbish bins white too :D

welcome into our mad house

6. Welcome from Glos :)

7. Welcome few of us from the nam here. :upyeah:

8. Some of us not only in Cheltenham, but also got a Ducati - in the summer - after a (nearly) 16 year break.

9. Some of us have two ducatis that don’t even get used in the summer o_O:poop:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Welcome along Dave

11. Hi and welcome

12. I don't think I'll use mine much before Spring, now, but I'll take yours for a blast if it helps?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Welcome aboard Dave and fellow Cheltonian:upyeah:

Like the other locals above; doubtful if I'll be out again until the spring.

#14 Bumpkin, Jan 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Welcome and enjoy

15. Welcome Dave

16. Welcome from Sunny Stourport on Severn. I see you have the slower S being a white one, don’t blame you with a 16 year break, ease yourself in :D:D

17. Hello and welcome

18. Greetings!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information