1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello From Cheshire

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Backonabike, May 17, 2018.

1. Hi all,
    After 18 years off a bike, having raced in the late 80’s and 90’s, i was offered a 748bp. Pretty standard with Termi’s. with my last bike being one of the original red and white R1’s I wasnt sure what to expect.
    One ride and i was hooked!
    Mrs finds it more comfortable than the R1
    I’d always wanted a Ducati, but the need to commute meant i didnt want to have one as a daily ride.
    Love the sound and that pull out of corners, plus the wheelie off the line
    First question if i may?
    How to get rid of the datatool veto alarm? One fob failed today and its the most annoying alarm, resetting after 20 seconds.
    If anyone knows of an auto electrician who can remove it or bypass it, I’d appreciate a contact.
    Looking forward to keeping it for the forseeable future and probably not going back to a four !
    Cheers
    Paul

2. Hi Backonabike and welcome.
    What curcits did you race at and what on ?

3. Welcome and enjoy. Can't help with your question, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly. We are a friendly bunch :)

4. Welcome Dave

5. Hi
    Started on 250 singles then 250tzr two stroke, then 1300 production and open. Regular circuits, aintree, three sisters, mallory, less regular, cadwell, donnington, darley and oulton park. Fun times

6. Welcome :):upyeah:, having my Datatool alarm removed next week from my 996R - they are pish :mad:
    But the guy removing mine is a long way from you and just retired so doesn't do commercial work :(

7. Welcome Paul to the forum:upyeah:18 years off a bike that's like not having breakfast in the mornings:confused:

8. Thanks for the link. I have found a bike mechanic within walking distance who is a Datatool approved fitter, so he reckons 2 hours to remove :)

9. It is! but, in my defence, kids, a job that commuting on a bike wouldn't work, meant it couldn't be a priority. As I said, always wanted a Duke, since I nearly bought a MHR from Sports Motorcycles in Manchester, instead opting for a z1000 ST, then nearly a 600 Pantah, but bought a Bread Bin GPZ1100. Yes I know, I should have bought and kept the MHR!

10. Welcome along :cool:

11. Hey,,Your back on the saddle that's all that matters:upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

12. Hello & Welcome Paul

13. Hello and welcome to the forum. :)

14. Welcome into the mad house

Bloody alarms are a pain I remember waiting on the side of the road after mine went off while riding and being towed back

Anyway I digress we like bins so pics please it’s a forum law :)

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information