1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello From Germany

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Ralf, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Dear Ducati enthusiasts,

my name is Ralf Altmann, I am 57 years old and I am writing from Siegen, a smaller City in Germany, where I live with my wife and our 11 year old daughter.
    I know, this is the right place and golden opportunity to introduce myself and to post a picture of my bike...but in fact I must admit, that I do not own a Ducati...nevertheless, one or the other piece has its home in my garage...
    Now before someone reminds me, that the Yamaha fan club has its headquarter in the land of the rising sun... :p.. I have to say that initially I came here via the "search functionality" (I was looking for a specific Dainese jacket).
    Beside some other hobbies, bikes and vintage cars are my passion...but I am not affiliated with any particular brand. There are so many beautiful vehicles out there, I want to ride as much and as long as I can...
    I wish to all of us always a safe ride...
    Ralf Ducati Forum.jpg

• Like Like x 18
  2. Welcome to the forum Ralf:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ooooo that's a nice garage display
    Don't worry about no Ducati for now.
    I don't have one either :(

look forward to my rubbish bin pictures :)

Welcome into our mad house all makes welcome

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Glad u found the place Ralf - what a selection!

Safe Ride to you also.

5. Schöne Grüße!

6. Lovely collection Ralf, guten abend'

7. Welcome along Rolf ,nice introduction

8. Herzlich wilkoommen und viel spass.

9. Welcome. Almost all makes welcome. All bins are definitely welcome. All will be explained!

10. Thank you very much guys, for all your kind welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Welcome Ralf, what a nice tight collection you've there sir.

12. Nice bikes Ralf, looks like there’s room there for a Ducati, but welcome anyway!

13. Hi and welcome,
    Great photo :upyeah:

14. Everyone knows MV is the King of all Italian bike brands so if you have one of those you are allowed to waltz into a Ducati forum.

Not sure about it's pink seat and front mudguard, blame the lighting. :p Nice collection.

15. A sad story about "missed opportunities": In the early 90ties, I have had contact with a guy who bought vintage cars and bikes from the US to sell them in Germany. At this time, my budget was small, but just enough to buy a Triumph TR4 IRS from him. For the same amount, I remember that the guy offered a 750 SS at this time... I must say, that I made a bad choice back then....

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Ahh...I was hoping that nobody would realize the seat....I made a bad mistake when dyeing the leather...you are right, it hurts the eyes... the front mudguard actually, has the same color than the rest, this comes from my mobile phone camera and the artifical light in my garage I guess...

17. Gives you something to do before riding season starts again.

18. Welcome dude

Do Not Sell My Personal Information