1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello From Iowa

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by ediowa, Feb 23, 2021.

1. I just joined this forum. I bought a very nice 1998 Ducati M900 Monster last summer and have been learning a lot about this bike. I bought it mostly because it was a good deal but man I really like riding this Monster! Anxious for spring to arrive. This is my first V Twin Ducati, I also have a 1968 Scrambler 350 waiting for minimal restoration. My son bought a Hypermotard 1100S a couple summers ago, very cool bike that got me interested a cheap Monster.

I'm a farmer in Iowa and have lots of bikes, mostly 70's vintage. Looking forward to spending some time on this forum, thanks!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Welcome, Ed.

3. Welcome and enjoy

4. Welcome, spent a day in Des Moines once a few years back as a guest of a work colleague. Lovely place. Got taken to see Andrew Bird at the Hoyt Sherman theatre for my birthday. Literally everyone in Iowa is a farmer ;)

5. Welcome to the forum, i just love those 1998 monster's especially in black with the extra carbon bits etc.:upyeah:

6. Welcome to the forum Ed ,great to have you here

7. Howrya Ed

8. Oh yeah, I forgot to load a pic:
    ducati98M900S.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. Welcome to the forum

10. Welcome. Put pictures of any oldies you may have. Keeps some of the geriatrics on here very happy.:)

11. The only old Ducati, the 350 Scrambler, is packed away in my machine shed, I'll try to snap a pic one of these days. I could post a pic of a couple of my other geriatric bikes:
    73guzzi1.jpg 78r100srh1.jpg bsa5-05a.JPG

#14 ediowa, Feb 24, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Looks like lots of Brits on this forum? I don't even know if this site is hosted in USA, UK or where? Anyway, thanks for all the "welcomes". Looking forward to getting rid of this white stuff:
    kt250snow.jpg

13. Moto Guzzi el dorado and BMW r100s. Had the BM but first Guzzi was a T3 California. Singles and Twins always do it for me. I believe The USA tried making a few twins but never really caught on:)

14. Greetings!

15. Hey now! USA twins are cool too! :)
    chopper4-07.JPG 77flhr.jpeg indianfeb2017.jpg
    wlaa.jpg

#18 ediowa, Feb 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Welcome Ed.
    Yes we’re in the Uk.
    Another good source for your models info and knowledge can be found on www.ukmonster.co.uk

#19 Itsamonster, Feb 24, 2021
  17. UK, nice! Here's what my father rode around in while he was in the UK:
    nononanetteb172.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information