1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello From North Wales

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Peter Snape, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Got my Diavel in October last year and am totally enamoured. Been riding in all weathers because its too good to keep indoors. Plenty of washes and FS365 looking after everything. Shad backrest is for my better half, does a great job of keeping her in situ. This is certainly her favourite bike so far, good news all round - result! Treated myself to some R&G heated grips to make things more comfortable, less than £30 from MandP. Wiring hidden under the original windshield with the control on the handlebar centre avoiding the weather. Speaking of the weather, that back wheel flings up so much water and dirt, anybody found a solution?

Couple of small issues - numberplate light failed and replaced (ouch - didn't you just love it when all you had to do was replace a bulb) Brake light decided to stay on and that was due to water collecting in the cable wrap so a quick fix and this weekend the cover fell off my right rear brake light/turn signal. Sealed units are great so long as they stay sealed so that's another "ouch". £100+ unless I can find a used item, even a faulty one - just need the lens :(

Is it a keeper? it certainly is - but......... definitely need to change the horn! Bike looks like Mike Tyson, the horn sounds like Mike Tyson.

Betws y Coed is looking good so if anybody is planning an outing soon get in touch

DSC05272.JPG

• Like Like x 13
  2. Welcome dude

• Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome along Peter

• Like Like x 1
  4. Looks fast just standing still;)...welcome aboard.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. were do you put the 20p in? welcome chap

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Rumbled :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Hi & welcome. Ignore @noobie, 20p is all he can afford ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Greetings!

• Like Like x 1
  9. I've been to Betws y coed, they spoke English in the pub till we walked in then went straight to Welsh :D

It was in the early 80's though before spending a week up on snowdon. The horn thing, use search, quite a few on the two popular versions that sound loud enough to make people cry

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. If it was in the eighties you were lucky it was open ;)

11. Thank you

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Wow that’s some side stand! :)
    Welcome to the forum

• Like Like x 1
  13. Welcome :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. No excuses for forgetting it was down!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Welcome, some great roads on your door step :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Welcome to the Forum Peter:upyeah:

horn - Denali sound bomb

that stand, what is it please? It’s not ABBA is it?

FYI there’s a group of us meeting up 24-27 April in Brecon for a weekend if you’re interested. Check out the WDfW 2020 thread in the Touring section, I can’t get the link right now off the phone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Difficult to stay indoors

18. Its a Warrior Spider Stand with a Diavel adapter, £155 inc delivery from Demon Tweeks. Best stand I've owned. Change your bike, change the adapter.

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Welcome and enjoy!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information