1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello From Santa Cruz, California

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Ujeni, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Hi everyone,

I'm a motorcycle collector, restorer and (above all) rider. I have a list of bikes that I want to own in my lifetime and I'm fortunate to have almost all of them in the workshop these days (I call them my bucket-list bikes). Among them is the 916. Two years ago, I got very lucky and was able to buy a 1994/95 916 Varese here in California. What a special bike.

[​IMG]

Still working on replacing a few of the incorrect parts.

Among the other bikes that I am passionate about are the early 1969 Honda CB750 sandcasts. Here's a timelapse of me restoring sandcast #538:

You can check out some of my other restorations here:

Ujeni Motors

Nice to meet everyone!

Sam

• Like Like x 12
  2. Lovely collection you have
    Do you collect trash cans by any chance we like them and it keeps me happy :)

Welcome into our mad house

3. Trash cans?

4. Rubbish/garbage tins/cans/bins
    Recycling :)

5. welcome
    loving your work there mate. how much restoration did you have to put into the 916, it looks immaculate. (dont forget the bins:))

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ha! Yes, trash cans. Loads of trash here ;)

Almost no restoration work as it sits today. But there are some parts that were swapped out prior to my ownership (front rotors, rear tail, rivets etc).

Im a big believer in riding rare bikes...they shouldn't be hidden! My 916 just turned over 20,000 miles :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Hello and welcome:upyeah:.

8. Welcome along Sam

9. Amazing work, welcome to the forum

10. Speedy Gonzales would be proud with that fast pace set,:upyeah: welcome.:upyeah:

11. Welcome from Minnesota!

• Love You Love You x 1
  12. Welcome Sam,

Sam

13. Great work and what a great video too. Well done on both counts.

14. Welcome and enjoy. Love the CB750.

15. Thanks everyone. Nice to be here!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Loving your story and work (and jealous of your climate!)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Welcome -
    I'm not so sure ;). A few years ago I sold a 1960's bevel seat unit on ebay to a fella in Santa Cruz - turned out he owned a ducati dealership there. By coincidence, I had a work trip to Mountain View coming up, so rather than posting it, I put it in my luggage and paid him a visit. Lovely fella, and a lovely shop with all sorts of nice treasures in it.

I had hoped to borrow a bike and do some exploring, but unfortunately on the days that I was there, it was torrential rain the whole time. I'd have been better staying in Scotland! :grinning:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information