1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello From South Wales

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by wadesnj, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Hi. I live near Carmarthen and ride a 2004 Monster 1000Sie in Anniversary Red. This was on Sunday at the Owl's Nest in Llandovery.
    IMG_20180930_162859.jpg
    IMG_20180930_162846.jpg

#1 wadesnj, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Welcome Dave

3. Welcome :):upyeah:

4. Welcome and enjoy. Nice bike :upyeah:

5. Bins!!! You have bins :party:
    Your in welcome into the mad house
    Nice bike too :blush:

6. Welcome. I am in Gloucestershire. Where exactly is the Owls Nest? Looks a good target for me - about 100 miles and including some Brecon Beacons!

7. Already Boyo, bet she sounds sweet with those zorsts!
    Welcome to the forum. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Welcome Tom and loving your shed;):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. welcome wadesnj

10. Home of Exactfit belts in the UK I presume - "Better than Ducati OEM" by all accounts. Are the OEM still made by Gates?

11. The Owl's Nest is in Llandovery, and is the alternate to the West End Cafe, both places very popular and biker friendly, usually very busy on a Sunday afternoon, but not this one as you can see.

12. Sorry only small plastic ones, not big grey wheely ones like other posts I have seen! How did this bin thing start anyway?

13. Thanks for the welcome, yes they sound nice, not too loud as they do have baffles, but still failed a previous MOT at one test place! Luckily have standard cans if it gets to be more of a problem.

14. Got the postcode off Farcebook. Looks a good target ride for me.

15. upload_2018-10-5_10-18-30.png

68 miles from the old severn bridge services. Looks a good ride. With the good weather that we seem to be enjoying, that may be a trip in the next few days.

16. Welcome wadesnj, usually stop at the West End Cafe, didn't know of the existence of the Owl's Nest, thanks for brining it to my attention. Will give it a try next time I'm out that way.

Drop me a PM if you fancy a ride into Wales. I'm based in Ledbury. Pretty familiar with the area and know some good roads. Tend to ride during the week if I can find the time and that coincides with a day with half decent weather.

Owl's Nest

17. OK. Will do.

18. Me too, keep me in the loop :upyeah: And that’s a great ride over

And I can attest to Bumpkin knowing some great roads :)

19. Here's the Owl's Nest on a busier Sunday when I went earlier in the summer on my old M600.
    IMG_20180507_151925.jpg

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information