1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello From Sweden A New/old Ducatista

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Kenneth Lundgren, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Hello friends
    Been driving mostly between 85-93 when I sold my latest bike, a 900SS -90 to cocoon in my family. But now I'm free again after 26 year in darkness (don't tell my wife). So I decided to search for a bike, There has been a lot of bikes in my radar mostly in touring/sporttouring segment, FJR/GTR/VFR and Guzzi Norge. I like two pots engine, started with Yamaha XZ550S then Guzzi Lario, next was a K100RS over a summer -89, then the 900SS came out autumn -89 bella donna!
    So searching for a bike of my taste was harder then I thought, those adventure style bikes was not my cup of tea really. A bike should please the eye too like a woman and Multistrada/KTM,s are not pretty, and the sport touring segment seems gone.
    Looking at advices on the net lead me to a ST3 who seems taking care with that love a owner shall have. Right I took my car for a 400km drive t look at it, looks good, good enough for two. Then we rolled it out and started it up. My God! what a sound! (not original) revs like a Ferrari with no resistens. My checklist and critical eyes was.. gone. I was sold! I haven't grown a bit in these years, I was back when I was 28 again, happy!

DSCF2517.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. Welcome Dave

3. welcome kenneth'

4. Excellent story. Welcome!

5. Welcome FREEE as a bird to the forum:motorcycleduc::upyeah:

6. Welcome and nice bike! Looks like the snow has melted, we still have some ;)

7. That does look very tidy, as we say in Wales! Good find, and welcome to the forum Kenneth.

8. We rarely have snow here, not the latest four years :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Welcome Ken, and May you forever remain 28:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Welcome and enjoy!

11. Welcome to the forum. :)

12. Welcome Swedish Dude :cool::upyeah:

13. Welcome Kenneth. :) :upyeah:

14. Hi and welcome to the forum enjoy your new steed

Do Not Sell My Personal Information