1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello From The Western Isles!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Skye Hook, Nov 19, 2018.

1. i have been browsing this place from time to time over the past 3 years,since i bought my first 1200S (2010) ,usually chasing threads for all the annoying little issues that pop up on these machines.Now on a '14 1200S,after a lifetime of biking,many triumphs,some japs and a harley and now the logical move towards italian exotica. hands down the best bike i have ever had, been out and about this year to germany,Austria and Czech two up,and back to the nest in Skye with some minor niggles but a generally sound bit of kit.although i do have a question to post......
    Heated grips stopped working as soon as i headed off,after fitting a usb charger onto my optimate cable in fact,both stopped working at the same time.
    the heated grips activated script comes up still ,and every few minutes pops up on screen,but no heat.
    It looks like there is an issue with these,i am just looking for a fix that doesn't require £200 in mechanics bills plus new grips,i saw one thread where a guy has grafted on some new heat pads,does this mean you also need to buy new grips or can you use the originals?
    replaced the battery to see if it was low voltage but evidently not.this is a bit annoying as i was hoping to sell her and move up to the DVT version next.
    any ideas that dont involve a 4 hour ride to the nearest dealership?

2. Welcome Dave

3. With your heavy accent I could not make out much so, welcome skye hook :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Someone with more knowledge than me will be along shortly to advise.
    What a beautiful part of the country you’re from, welcome to the forum. :)

5. Welcome - you will know Finm off of Oban then :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Welcome Captain Hook of Skye.:upyeah: It’s almost as nice there as it is in West Cork and I understand about 4+ hour rides to a dealer or any Ducati friendly mechanic :(

7. Welcome and enjoy

8. he's more likely to know Stuart lamont the parts dude from the north of the island or maybe Robbie the Pict than me, and if he does, he is half way there.
    how do. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. As I reader/lurker you should know the newbie rule of posting pics of your bins with said bike

Must be red :D

Welcome into our mad house enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  10. thank you for the warm welcome,more than can be said for the grips.Finm,hello,a few Lamonts around Elgol,but i dont know of a parts guy,Robbie the Merovingian can be seen slothing around Broadford now he is no longer gainfully employed ;)love the roads around Oban too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. still got his ambulance and claming diplomatic immunity? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Specifics like hand grips put in the bike part of the forum
    This is the newbie part where you get the best replies :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Welcome along

Do Not Sell My Personal Information