1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, New Monster 1200 Owner

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by dukenukem, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Hello everyone,

Living a life-long dream to own a Ducati since passing my test in '96 always wanting a Ducati.

Finally!

I now see why it's called the Monster, it's quite a handful to ride and sounds obnoxiously beautiful with the Termi's.

I recently survived cancer - still hoping to survive - and the Ducati was the thing that brought me out of a bit of depression.

It's a little bit of a shame that I thought of the idea at the end of a beautiful summer, but to be honest I was in no fit shape to ride back then and the long summer days sitting out in the sun probably did me more good than I realise.

That's me. Looking forward to many more years of Ducati love.

Would be great to get in touch with anyone local in the Cheshire area.

Cheers

• Like Like x 10
  2. Welcome.. nice purchase and congrats on fighting off the big C!!! photos of said bike are customary and there is a fetish of having bins (yes, i know) included in the shot somewhere. bonus points for creativity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. Welcome Duke to the forum:upyeah:once you bought and ridden a ducati you will not go back to the other brands:)

#3 XH558, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Hiya.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome..... best 2 hours riding ive ever had in my life was on a Monster 1200. Roll on the dry days!

• Like Like x 2
  6. welcome dukenukem

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Welcome mended dude :cool::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Welcome Dave

• Like Like x 1
  9. Welcome into the mad house

We like pics of said bike is it red? And your bins rubbish/garbage/recycling etc it’s a forum law :) use your imagination

Fab news on surviving cancer may I ask which one
    I have Myeloma no cure but fighting every day so I was inspired by your monster purchase
    Live every day as if it’s your last and enjoy the rain rides :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. Welcome and enjoy!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Welcome and here’s to many more years of Ducati ownership.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Congratulations and welcome. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Good choice and welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Welcome to Ducatidom :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Good luck and enjoy the bike

• Like Like x 1
  16. Welcome, I got a dose of the black dog a few years ago and it was motorcycling that pulled me out of it as well, and that was a mere Kawasaki, you got it right from the get go in buying a monster, great choice, enjoy !

• Like Like x 1
  17. Welcome. Big C survivor myself, and in Cheshire. Not got a Duc anymore, but still love the brand. Plenty of good guys on here, and runs out to Wales in the summer !!

Stuart

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lovely of you to ask Ducbird, only someone affected by cancer realises it’s ok to ask, and very welcomed. I got myself a bit of bowel cancer. Get my results of first CT in a week or so, pretty sure it’s clear because they let me wait 10 weeks for the results. But whatever the results, today is another day. Got myself a Colostomy bag, that’s been hard getting used to but I am finding liberation in telling everyone because it saved my life and it’s far more stressful keeping stuff to yourself than sharing it.

Are you in the midst of being treated? How is it going?

Any time you want to be pillion just say x

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Hey Stuart, amazing, congrats on beating the bugger, what did you have? I am in Middlewich, I’d love to join a group or something. It’s been 15 years since I last rode a bike and the Monster is a bit of a midlife crisis bucket list but happy to be in a life crisis than not in one :)

And any bike is a bike isn’t it, no matter what colour!

20. Ah man so glad you had that bike experience too - amazing when you come out of that recovery time realising you’re you again, awesome mate. What version of the little shxt did you beat?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information