1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Viclioce, Aug 21, 2017.

1. [​IMG]Hi there! I'm Victor & I'm about to help a friend work in his 1998 ST2.

He tells me he "let a friend's husband" do a tune up and change out the gas tank. Then he went to pick it up and it wouldn't start. The friend's husband told him something like, "When I got it the bike was not running very well and xxxxx's husband replaced some stuff for me. The bike would not start when I went to pick it up. Xxxxx husband thinks it's something to do with starter gears. I don't know for sure."

So I'm guessing the guy doesn't know much about bikes. Or hasn't touched a Ducati before!

I'll be posting more but just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Santa Fe, NM. I'm 61 years old the end of this month. Retired from New Mexico State Police as a civilian employee. I've been riding since I was 15 and have several bikes in the garage. I like to restore them. Most recent restores have been 4 Hodakas for my grandsons & nephew. Also have a Suzuki VL1500 Intruder which I ride for touring the country. That's what's posted above. It's a 2003 year Model with 78K miles on it, so it's broken in now! ; D Victor

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome Dave :)

3. Welcome :)

4. Welcome mate :cool: The old "it's a friends" ploy eh :p

5. Hello and welcome into the mad house :)

6. Welcome to the forum. :)

7. Yeah. I enjoy restoring bikes. Been working on 4 Hodakas for my grandsons & nephew. He was tracking my progress on Facebook & asked if I wanted to buy it, so I told him, let's just get it running again and he can use it!

8. IMG_3299.JPG
    IMG_3505.JPG Here's a before & after on one of the bikes I've been restoring!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information