1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helmet Camera

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Wayne58, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Hey folks, every so often my company dishes out John Lewis or similar vouchers, I have just been handed £250 of JL vouchers and was thinking of a helmet camera (I can add a few quid if needed). Anyhoo, I looked around on the net, and am not too keen on the GoPro as its a big old box to fit to your bonce. Anyone recommend something more slender, that does not look like I'm riding round with a wembley flood light stuck on my swede ?? Cheers in advance.
    Wayne

2. GoPro hero 5, the best one yet and it's small
    https://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/cameras/hero5-black/CHDHX-501-master.html

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Thread moved

4. i just bought a drift stealth 2, not tried it out yet but for £100 they get pretty good reviews, only thing mentioned in the reviews is the mic aint great, nice tidy little camera, tom tom bandits a nice bit of kit, sold an unused one on here last year, also has good reviews.

While on the subject, where do you stand if you got pulled by police? Can they have access to your recording in any way and if so whats the situation there? something that's always been in the back of my mind

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. Depends what you're using it for, but consider the GoPro Session. The smallest about, great quality, and shouldn't need to add money. Built in battery is a drawback, depending how you use it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. I have a Sessions, and a hero 3+. The session is awesome, I don't have an issue with battery, it switches off when not being used and has no power hungry screen.. Easy to use, one click on, one click off, small. I'd definitely recommend :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Will look at these one's then. Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  8. Just upgraded to the Go pro 4 from the 2, a bit smaller and lighter and fair play they aren't that stealth , but they do have more multiple uses than some of the others as in getting different camera angles by the way of different mounts for the bike etc. rather than just a lid mount, I've run with mine on my helmet at around 120 (allegedly:fearscream:) and it didn't really buffer too much even though I was a bit paranoid as to whether the double sided tape would handle it.

Just noticed ,, Theres a guy on here selling a Tom Tom Bandit for 250.00
    in Parts Acessories,, (Soloman)

#10 Rick B, Apr 5, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks again, didn't get one yet as got side tracked with something else but looking to buy one this week. Do the gopro's come with a mic for a bit of on board riding narration for reviews etc??

10. I think most models do come with built in mic, but the quality is never going to be great (presuming its attached to your helmet or bike ) so an external mic will be better I have mine plugged into my headset via cable adapter, all depends on what model you get.
    https://gopro.com/support/articles/external-microphone-recommendations
    I'm sure Amazon or fleabay will have alternatives.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. That's a serious bit of research before taking the plunge! Not far off a year ;):joy:

12. Don’t become one of those.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I’ve been running a Drift Stealth for 2.5 years. No problems. Bonus is small size and rotation of lens so image is dead straight regardless of angle of mount plate on a helmet.
    I run a lead from the back to a battery tank in my jacket pocket,
    Guy on Fleabay makes a back with a hole so you can run a lead out the back. Bit of glue makes the hole/lead interface waterproof. No issues when riding in rain. Cost a few quid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  14. I didn't CF, this thread is a year old, and still ain't got one, don't even listen to music when I ride, just ear plugs and concentrating works for me :upyeah:

15. The early day's gopro-1960s-stewart-01.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information