1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helmet Decisions ?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Advikaz, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Hi all me again,

Currently looking at either an arai rx7v or the shark race R carbon?

Any thoughts? I've got an arai at the moment and honestly it pains me to say this but I'm not impressed! Shit visor mechanism, chips badly and very noisy.

Open to any further recommendations but it needs to be track orientated.

Thanks,

2. Go to somewhere like Infinity and try as many of the helmets as you can. The X-Lite 802RR is a good helmet and might fit if you are an Arai head. 'Fraid you need to get out there and try them on. Andy

#2 Android853sp, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I'll give it a look..

I was very impressed by the quality of the shark it's lovely especially inside.

4. I've got an Arai RX7V too. I've found that the visor mechanism is way better than the old RX7GP. Mine hasn't chipped in 5000 miles but it is noisy, and that's why I wear earplugs. However the ventilation is excellent ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. I must admit, I bought a Suomy as a don't care if it gets scratched and chipped around town lid, Its super comfy,very light and the visor is off in seconds. I rarely use my Arai anymore... The dark visor was a PITA to get hold of but overall I'm real happy with it

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. x lite 802rr is the best helmet ive used ,but its all about what suits you,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. What are they like for noise?

8. I think @gliddofglood may have bought a carbon shark of some sort. He is always good for a helpful review if my recollection is right.

9. i find it ok,ive got one for track and one for road.quieter than a rx7 and shoei xspirit 2.i have the ducati racing stripe arai, which i think is the best looking helmet on the market,but very rarely wear it because i find the xlite so much better(the nolan is the same helmet,and the stoner rep is the second best looking)

• Like Like x 1
  10. ive had an agv, shoei xr1000 and now an arai rx7 gp after trying the newer 7v...

i really like the gp and never thought i had an arai head. its very well made, great ventilation but crap noise and fiddly visor release

i dont know what ill get when i get rid of it but it wont be the 7v

11. just like leathers innit

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. I hate the Shark the aperture is too small for road use and I found the front moves at high speed - I bought the scuberth sr2 (having had the 1)

Go to helmet city or somewhere and try loads on

It always pains me that you can buy a motorcycle helmet without it being fitted properly but a horse riding hat most stores make sure it fits you properly before leaving the store ...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Up until 2 years ago, I was Arai to the core, would not try anything else or even entertain listening to suggestions of other brands, but then I wanted a new lid with an internal sun visor, and at the time Arai, did this shonky external push up and down fecking peaked cap idea, and the build quality of the lid did not feel as good as previous Arai's so I switched to Shoei and have not looked back, quiet, very comfortable and superbly built, and the lady at helmet city customised the foams till the fit was perfect. Food for thought maybe ???

• Like Like x 2
  14. I can't get on with the look of shoei

Just can't find one I like the look at unfortunately :(

15. Its like anything you wear @Advikaz , you gotta like it, and lids are such personal things, think you just have to go and try a load, cause no one on here can know what your bonce feels like in one :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. You're not wrong mate

17. PS. Arai's are always real loud, I always found that but wear plugs so that side of things never bothered that much, but god, they are noisy...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. What are sharks like for noise does anyone know?

As said above I'm really impressed by the feel of the thing it feels very nicely put together

19. Very pleased with mine. 2000 miles in now and chuffed. Its slightly noisier than my old Shoei GT Air on my 1190 with a big screen, but not much, and on the nakeds its just as quiet. Just as comfortable as the Shoei, much lighter, cooler and excellent field of view and peripheral vision. Ideal for track or road.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ive seen good things about schuberth lids but never had one on

Do Not Sell My Personal Information