1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helmet & Leathers

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Bondy7070, May 27, 2020.

1. Helmet was cracked yesterday and scraped to shizzle, also leathers had to be cut off me.

Any one have a X-lite 803 carbon new lying around or know of the best priced ones about? I had a Corsa R from AGV but think I’ll change it up.

Leathers think Rev It or 4SR if any one by the very small chance has a new set lying about or advise for a link, cheers.

L 60-62 helmet

Leathers, christ known I need to check the scraps.
    Suit sir not sure, I'm 6ft and turn my nose up at mcdonalds.

#1 Bondy7070, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
  2. Not get anything, but might help to put your Lockdown sizes up..

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I know leathers get extra sticky this time of year but that's a bit over the top,tell me more.:thinkingface:

4. Oooops, did you have an unscheduled dismount ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. High side KO out off Melbourne mate.
    Aparently anyway, I don't remember a thing.

• WTF WTF x 1
  6. Bugger, hope you’re ok - I have an AStars Suit in the loft size 58 though which may be a bit too big for you, only worn it a couple of times and didn’t get on with one piece so it was consigned to the loft. If that’s any good let me know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks bud but I think it might be a tad too big, plus someone’s just mention to me the air suits so after yesterdays lesson think I may invest in one of them.

Yeah just massively concussed mate cant really see straight but all my limbs are pretty much ok so happy days!

Christ fair one, I’ll prob get this bud.

All good bud.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Oh bloody hell mate, hope you’re not too bust up??

9. What brands of airbag suits are you considering?

10. All good bud, wanted to cancel the 765 order soon as I woke up lol but after in the hospital I wiped the sand out of my crevasse.

RST mate, any advice?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sorry to hear about your off. Did the same at top of Craners back in 2017. Now that was a quick one.

Anyway, my airbag suit saved me, which is why I’m responding to you. I’m selling it. It’s a battle scarred (but properly repaired and re-certified by Dainese Italy at a cost of £700) beauty in go faster white & black with a fair bit of scuffed track cred. It’s the more expensive Mugello version (at the time £2,500).

I walked away from that Craners dismount without a scratch, to the shock and awe of the marshals and track doctor. So I can thoroughly recommend one and would never again ride without one. Only selling as I’m giving it all up after 15 years (inc a hot mega spec’d 1199 if anyone’s interested)

Suit is a 54 and fits like a glove. I’m 6ft & 82kg.

Not sure your up for used though but if so, let me know.

• Like Like x 3
  12. RST mate, any advice?

I liked the look of that but might want to read these first

https://mag.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/news/introducing-rsts-2020-airbag-collection/

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesoci...se-layers/inemotion-airbag-vest-review-safety

All prices include the airbag itself, but there is an additional cost to use the In&box, the name for In&motion’s electronic control unit that’s housed inside a traditional back protector.

There are flexible pricing options on the In&box as riders can either buy it outright for £399 or lease one annually for £120 or monthly for £12 on a rolling contract.

Monthly leases can be terminated or paused, with the unit returning to the manufacturer and another being sent out when the rider resumes their lease agreement. This allows summer-only riders to avoid paying for technology that’s sitting unused in the wardrobe.

There are two algorithms available – one for the road and another for the harsher riding style used on the track. It costs £25 per year for access to the additional algorithm for buyers of the V4.1 suit, but the fee for the first year is waved.‘

I think airbag suits offer great protection but I guess unless you can afford a top of the line made to measure airbag suit then there’s always going to be a trade off against the comfort, protection and fit of a traditional made to measure suit.

I would guess an airbag suit would still offer better impact protection but I would still consider made to measure - more affordable than I thought before reading this article http://www.superbikefreaks.com/leathers-part-2/

13. 4% battery... Get well soon.

Btw, looked at those lids bought one by mistake. Watch the cheap deal ads, EU currency conversion > not as cheap.

2%... best check back later. Things to do. Take it easy

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Ive had a good look mate, your conundrumed my conundrum lol.

15. Just checked my Amex bud it went through as equal to 260 like. Well it said 290 euro and i converted it and it said 260 quid lol so I hope.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information