1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helmet Pressure Point.

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Jnestie, Jul 27, 2015.

1. My wife has just bought a shoei neotec. After going for a spin she was getting pain just behind her temple giving her a headache. Do you think this will ease with use or would it be best to try and sell it now as its nearly new? I doubt the shop will take it back as it been used now. Thanks

2. Once you have identified the "high spot" (inside the helmet, not on your wife's head!), press it hard with the back of a dessert spoon. It might take a few goes to compress the padding in that localised area, and it will not be visible either. Jon.

3. Thanks nuttsmutts. My wife has just been to the shop they have identified the area and said exactly what you said to do. They are also getting some thinner pads for the helmet.

4. Blimey, I must show this to my wife! Apparently I am right for once!!!! Jon.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Scoop out the offending area carefully with a knife. That's what I've done if its happened with my helmets.

6. Back in the day I used to buy helmets from Owens of Bow, direct from the factory in East London. The proprietor, Mr Burek, would tailor the inside of the helmet padding precisely to fit the bumps on your skull, he was very good at it, and it was a while-you-wait service. And fitting was free. And the helmet lining material was fine kid leather, very comfortable. And the helmets were still fairly cheap.

7. Surprised no one has used the technology they use for fitting ski boots , or maybe just too costly

Do Not Sell My Personal Information