1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helmet with Sun Visor

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Nelson, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Anyone using 'em?

Recommendations?

:cool:

2. Get a tinted visor for your helmet !

3. Been using flip fronts for 10 years, really good for glasses wearers. All have had integral sun visors and I couldn't ride without one now. They're great for sun/shade, tunnels etc as you can raise the visor instantly. Nice for cruising with main visor up, sun down to keep cool but still having eyes protected. Caberg are good quality lids at a good price with flip and standard both having sun visors My girlfriend has a Caberg V2 which is a good standard lid, Im using a Viper 121 at the moment which is quiet and comfy but the build quality isn't as good as Caberg flips. I'm looking at the Shark evoline as my next lid, the chinbar goes right over so can be used as open lid, which I don't use mine as now, cos it looks dumb and feels top heavy.

4. I did fondle a Caberg at the weekend...Just wasn't sure what I'd be getting for such a low price...:eek:
    I also had a shark for a while, a S900.

5. I ride into the sun on the way to work and into the sun on the way home, the sun visor is very helpful on my Schuberth C2.
    Plus those rides through the trees and then back into the open are easy coped with, (dark shadow to bright sunlight).

Both my boys have got helmets with sun visors and both have said how much the use the option.

6. I've got a Schuberth S2 and the sun visor is very useful. It beats having to carry a clear visor to keep plod happy, works well and is easy to use. I can't see why more lids don't use them.

7. Caberg very popular indeed they are ok a tad noisy
    not top speck but I know lots with them who love them

8. HJC has a range of lids with build in sun visors. I do not get why every one does not do it.

9. Daily commuter lid is a Caberg V2x carbon. Best £250 lid in full carbon 1250g light with Hyperoptics double glazing and internal sun visor. Ultra plush microfibre lining, I absolutely love it. Highly recommended.

[​IMG]

#10 Spareparts, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Check Cabergs on http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/testsratings/ seem to be rated highly across the board

11. I've had 2 Caberg lids, and they both whistled through the top vents annoyingly at high speed, enough to put me off buying them. I've got two flip-fronts at the moment - a Schuberth C2, which is comfy and quiet but very heavy; and an HJC IS-Max BT, which is every bit as good as the Schuberth but a lot cheaper. In fact I rate HJCs so much I've got three, all of which fit me perfectly.

Flip-down visors are such a good idea I'm surprised every helmet doesn't come fitted with them.

12. I use a line of black PCV tape, sometime two lines works perfect.... :) on tint or clear visors...

13. I use a BMW System 6 and it is useful because I wear glasses.The sun visor is handy on those occasions when you are riding into a low sun.These BMW helmets are made by Schuberth and they are a little cheaper.Not as light as my Shoie X Spirit but very quiet.

14. I use a Shoei NeoTech. Superb helmet, the sunvisor is optically perfect. One grouch, the shell of the lid seems to scratch easily.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information