1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help..2012 Panigale 1199 Ecu Problems

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Neil James, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Firstly... thanks for the welcome to the forum
    Could anyone help me ...i believe I have an issue with my ecu on a 2012 1199 abs model...my question is...can I purchase a good second hand unit and just swap out the unit ...just a straight forward exchange....plug and play ..or do I need diagnostic software to complete the swap
    Thanks in advance

2. Firstly... thanks for the welcome to the forum
    Could anyone help me ...i believe I have an issue with my ecu on a 2012 1199 abs model...my question is...can I purchase a good second hand unit and just swap out the unit ...just a straight forward exchange....plug and play ..or do I need diagnostic software to complete the swap
    Thanks in advance

3. Firstly... thanks for the welcome to the forum
    Thanks in advance

4. Threads merged :eyes:

5. Threads merged :eyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. He's in a bar somewhere getting slapped Up;)

7. I was helping @Cream_Revenge not Hell T :)

8. Sorry:upyeah:

9. I was helping you! Just prematurely!

10. Are you absolutely sure that the ABS unit is at fault? ABS problems are usually due to a sensor, or the wiring to them, failing.

11. Sorry for the miscommunication...the model is 1199 abs ...the problem is with the main ecu

12. Ah. I read thst from the thread title.

13. I think you can from that year ..use an ECU from a same year bike
    I swapped out a Diavel ECU - same Mitsubishi ECU , and needed to do nothing else . I think it changed later when linked to dash/ immo

14. Thank you for the info...do you know if I need to get it programmed to insert my vin number into the replacement ecu

15. Does the ECU have immobiliser key or mileage stored in it?

16. Sorry I don't know...i was hoping that someone could tell me

17. Just going on my experience with a similar ECU , I didn’t need to program anything
    Caveat - I just checked it started , without error messages and then flashed with Tuneboy SW and trim file- but no immo issues

18. I think the answer is no. Pretty sure that the ECU, dash, traction control unit & key/ignition are hard coded together at the factory.

19. 2014 899, ecu and dash are matched, the bike will start and run fine but will throw up strange dash messages, my 899 x race bike had dash errors when I purchased it, turned out to be mismatched ecu/dash , half a hour on the Ducati diagnostics sorted it all out, with the mileage matched to the dash. You don't say what your actual problem is ?.have you been working in the battery area ?

20. Thank you for the info...basically the bike was running perfectly... and without going in to details the ecu was physically damaged in my workshop ..so will definitely need a replacement.. and wondered what issues I will encounter by using a good second hand unit with regards to matching it to the bike...by the way ...the bike has not been switched on or the battery reconnected since the damage occurred...i don't want to risk anything

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information