1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Help For A Shortarse

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by GraemeLA, Dec 12, 2020.

1. I'm vertically challenged at only 5 foot tall.

I do the usual things shortarses like me on a bike like an 848 do, lifts in boots, used to leaning when coming to a stop etc.

My question is how effective will a lowering link be on my bike, as in how much lower will the lowest get the seat to terra firma?

Any other mods I can do from fellow shortarses on here?

Cheers.

2. sorry mate theres no answer.....the umpalumpas dont want to expose themselves.....;)

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. I like to keep up with biking info...MOTOTREK

• Like Like x 1
  4. the fact is lowering it can effect the geometry of the bike on a bike that is already hampered with seat height issues and geometry, as in to get it to the good ducati numbers you have to raise the rear..

so i would start with slimming the seat down, and making it narrower so as not too spread your legs too much, as much as is comfortable and if you are going to lower the rear i would also do the front but be careful of ground clearance issues as well as the side stand possibly being too high and the bike falling off the stand...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Useful video but fook that rolling mount/dismount that could end embarrassingly. o_O

6. Exactly what she said :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • WTF WTF x 1
  7. Hope this helps

upload_2020-12-12_12-48-18.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. With advice from Ducati, I had the forks on the Supersport pulled through an extra 7mm which, coupled with winding the ridiculously stiff pre load off and fitting a low seat (-25mm), my girlfriend managed to go from tip toes to full ball of both foot. We are fortunate in having a very proactive and understanding dealer workshop. You can only ask. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  9. FFS.
    Grow up, will you?
    :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. Speak to Hagon Suspension in Essex and see if they have a lowering kit.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Helpful, however I believe the poster is based in that most beautiful of countries France.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. You and I share that belief but that does not prevent the OP from making contact with Hagon or is this some sort of 'level playing field/fish quota' issue?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. This is off course true, I’m not sure if Hagon have a quota on suspension or indeed subsidised by gumboot.

He needs to act fast to avoid import duty too.

This could be for another thread ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. In have a 1098s which has the ride height adjuster. At the release of the 848 for a mate we installed the ride height adjuster and lowered slightly then introduced more sag. Helped immensely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Agreed, and she has the advantage that the bike is running; the old-time racers had to push start the bike and then do the rolling mount!

16. Then match the front by dropping a little. I’d defo start with the seat, because once you have done that the rest is mechanical and easy for two people (ideally) to set up

17. I remember watching Sheene, Haslam etc doing that when the races were on Grandstand on Saturdays.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information