1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help For My Elderly Neighbor

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by michel couque, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Hi all.

My lovely elderly neighbor has damaged his front car wheel, just wondering if anyone knows who might be able to fix the wheel, or maybe it doesn’t need fixing? based North London?

TIA

C755B285-A404-445B-A54C-25B5C4FF4DEF.jpeg

2. I guess the test is if it loses air real quick the the bead side of the wheel is damaged and needs looking at if it doesn’t and your neighbour isn’t bothered them leave it be.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Many thanks. They burst the tire when they hit the kerb, so new tyre on now, is it legal to have a damaged rim like that?

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Doesn't look as if it's affected the wheel/tyre integrity. However if I were the tyre fitter I'd have made some effort to clean up that rim!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Any decent wheel refurbishing place should be able to sort that out. Used a place local to me, so not much use for your neighbour, to sort out a bent rim and then respray. Wasn't too expensive IIRC.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Cost is around £90 (around me anyway). Ask my wife how she knows :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. I would have thought the fitter would have highlighted if there was any serious/dangerous damage to the wheel when they fitted the tyre? So assuming there isn’t then it’s cosmetic and up to them if they want it repaired?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. That looks like a diamond cut rim so it’ll cost a little more than a normal rim to repair.

no biggie though.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Says the man that spends a thousand pounds on kitchen knives.;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

10. Just trying to be helpful :joy:

I’ve had many a girlfriend kerb a diamond cut rim :kissing_heart::p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Girlfriends they've their uses.:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. I hope so there is 4 like it on house gaffers car.:(

#12 DucatiScud, Jul 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  13. There speaks the mature voice of experience :laughing:
    There speaks the voice of deflecting blame onto some other person, girlfriend kerbs a DC wheel on a car she’s not allowed to drive. :D

• Funny Funny x 2

14. :joy::joy::joy:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information