1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Help Please 1200 Multistrada Backfiring Badly On Idle

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Steveapop, Oct 5, 2018.

1. I have a decat exhaust with a short termi fitted to my 2011 multistrada, it was professionally remapped with a cjs map approximately 18 months ago and has ran fine since with some slight backfiring only on throttle roll off ( to be expected)
    Over the last month or so it's started backfiring at idle very badly to the point where I've actually stopped using it.
    There are no leaks from the exhaust and the plugs have just recently been changed.
    The bike actually rides fine on an opening throttle
    Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

2. tps sensor? is there a way of throttle learning ?? (ive only done that on my rsv4)

3. Check engine light?

My Enduro had a bad backfiring at idle fit a few months ago, turned out to be a cracked MAP sensor hose on the vertical cylinder.

4. Ask cjs to re-apply the mapping?

ie: "My friends from the ducati uk forums suggested your such a good bunch of guys. You might kindly re-apply what I can only tell is a variation of the ECU mapping. As its back firing like a bastard & I'd credit you as top-notch online"

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for the replies, there are currently no warning lights on the dash, just dropped it into the dealership today to see if they can help if not it may be a trip back to dynobike in Malton to check the a/f ratios.

6. Did you get it sorted?

7. The bike is currently at dynobike in malton, just waiting for Paul to get in touch with (hopefully) a resolve.

8. A follow up on the issue, a return spring on the front throttle body which operates a butterfly valve had been unclipped on one side / accidentally knocked off ??
    This was causing the bike to run lean on the front cylinder at idle. Not pointing any fingers (M&S Ducati newcastle) but it seems strange how the problem started after I collected the bike from having a belt service & valve clearance check a little earlier in the year.
    Just pleased it's fixed, I can't recommend Paul at dynobike enough, super helpful guy who really knows his stuff, he even went out of his way to take me to and from malton train station. A true gent :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. A good find

Well done that man

10. Paul is indeed a top bloke, knows his stuff and a really well kept secret in North Yorkshire.

Does a lot of work for the sidecar boys but other than that he’s alright!

11. That's great news that it wasn.t too serious , inconvenient though?
    :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information