1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Help Valuing A Foggy Rep

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Messer, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Hi All,

Need a little help if possible. I have a contact who has had a Foggy rep since new and its been used, so has about 12k miles on but its been sat for the last 2 years unused. It would need a full service etc. Has all the original bits with it, cover, keyring etc.

Its in storage, but he has asked if I want to make him an offer to buy it. Its not for sale, but he said he could use the cash for other things.. I'd love to, but dont know where to be price wise.

Just trying to work out if I would rather have this, or my 6k mile 02 748R..

2. Judging by the recent tooing and froing on this forum, if you are talking about the 996cc 916 Foggy rep, anywhere between what the guy thinks it’s worth and what you are prepared to pay but more than £20k and probably less than £30k. IMO, there is still head room in the 748R market price to go higher, not so sure about the Foggy rep. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. you think that value even with the relatively high miles and needing service work etc?

4. 12k miles isn't high. It's a 20 year old bike and a full belt service shouldn't be to costly. It's a pretty basic bike complared to today's standards.

What am I thinking o_O Errrr...........It's rubish and I'd stay away from it..........Tell him I'll do him a favour and give him £5k for it :innocent:

Love the look of your 748R btw :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. he must have price in mind as a starting point?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. its not high miles at all, but given that most of these foggy bikes are either 0 mile or 2-3k mile examples this is a high mileage example relative to those is what I meant.
    My 748R is a beautiful bike, almost flawless condition with 6k miles on it and 3 owners from new. Just working out which one I'd rather have, which I know seems a no contest, but my 748 is soooo clean I'd cry if I sold it... but the foggy is cool, and has a much better motor..

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 0 mile bikes are to be avoided. The chances are you'll pay a premium for something you can't use, because to do so would devalue it immediately.

Again, a low mileage bike is nice, but you'd always be reluctant to use it because of the fear or racking up the miles. Condition and history count for a lot. I wouldn't pay 50% more for a 3k bike then a 10k bike.

Mileage will always have an influence on value, but 12K is nothing and wouldn't put me off at all. It's not like it's done 50k

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Go in at £15k? Or wait for the info from Coy's that I'm waiting for and use that as a guide?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Is it cool? Was he ever cool? To me he looks like Robert Carlyle, if Robert Carlyle had spent the last 20 years on benefits. I'm pretty sure that's not cool!
    Buy a nice SPS, with ohlins forks and no gaudy stickers so you get the better motor and don't have to go about looking like a tit!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Foggy rep better bike but is it really worth the huge difference in price from a very good 748r. I'd 853 the 748 ,more power than the foggy then!! And a lot cheaper.

11. What do you really think? :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. just buy it for the profit you can make when you flip it and then buy the 748r!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. That it has too many stickers and is, therefore, gay!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mate, sell the RG500, buy the foggy and keep the R!
    Or just tell the wife you’ve sold the RG and stash it at Ian Wooly’s. Job jobbed!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Keep the R!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. the R and the foggy are too similar a bike.. the RG is completely different, though it would be easy to sell if thats what I decided to do..

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Don't get me involved with this.....Exige seems to be the expert on these matters!! Lol My guess would be anywhere between £6k & £36k...with some Wotsits included somewhere!! Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. There's always Wotsits. :yum

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. £6k jees!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information